Snowy owl

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
Went up to Ferndale area on Friday to see the snowy owl that's been hanging out there. She was among some driftwood logs about 150 yards away, maybe a little more, so these are severely cropped images, but it was my first ever chance to see a snowy, so I took what I could get! She didn't move around much, so most of what I got were shots of it just sitting there. This shot of some wing stretching was about the most active she got. LOL!

IMG_1899_crop_sm.jpg

IMG_2246_crop_sm.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good shots. Our last big snowy owl irruption was five years ago, so hopefully we are due for one this winter.

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good shots. Our last big snowy owl irruption was five years ago, so hopefully we are due for one this winter.
Thanks, Bill. I've heard one was also seen recently in Puyallup, so maybe we're in for another irruption... sure would be nice!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, Bill. I've heard one was also seen recently in Puyallup, so maybe we're in for another irruption... sure would be nice!

I need to get Daren and my passports renewed. Five years ago we went with Terry up to Boundary Bay, BC to get shots of the snowies.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com