PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Milwaukee, WI
BobH

Milwaukee, WI

A jet plane departs Milwaukee, WI just as the sun sets over the horizon.
There is more here than the simple silhouette you see at first glance-- just enough detail to see that the plane is flying away--and that the Sun is about to EXPLODE! The atmospheric effect you captured from ground level is unusual and stunning. Really amazing. I know you did this whole thing in Photoshop anyway. :)

> I know you did this whole thing in Photoshop anyway....

I wish I was that good with Photoshop!

It was all done in camera, and what's even more amazing is that I got the shot in about two minutes. I was at the airport, waiting for my plane and a couple folks commented on how pretty the sunset was. I sat there looking at it for a moment and said "You know... I need to go shoot that!"

So I got my camera out of my bag, walked over to the window, snapped about 3 shots, got this one and realized I probably wasn't going to get anything better and went back over and sat down. Total elapsed time, maybe 2 minutes. I showed the resulting shot to a couple people, and they were impressed. One fellow remarked "Wow! You must be a photographer!" I laughed and replied "Well, I try..."

Sometimes I go to great lengths to set up photos, and sometimes, like this one, serendipity smiles on me.

Media information

Category
Airplanes
Added by
BobH
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back