Recent content by daveRen

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. daveRen

Sunrise at Artist Point

Great shots, Rocky. Did you have you thermos of coffee? I am looking forward to those milk-way shots and to find out how you do them. I got a cheap timer gadget that can control my Nikon but haven't really produced anything interesting with it. - Dave
  2. daveRen

Kamiak Butte County ParK

Great photos, Bill. Despite the haze you got some nice gold contrasting with the green. I lived in Pullman as a kid and I remember Steptoe Butte and hot summer days. But when we were in Pullman a few Mays ago there was horizontal rain not far from freezing. Do you think it would still look...
  3. daveRen

Comment by 'daveRen' in media 'Vulture Valley'

Very nicely done, Russ. I like the interesting colors.
  4. Sooke Cedar

Sooke Cedar

5. Mt Baker from Obstruction Point

Mt Baker from Obstruction Point

Painting effect using Topaz Simplify Filter.
  6. The Needles from Maiden Peak

The Needles from Maiden Peak

7. Obstruction Point Paintbrush

Obstruction Point Paintbrush

Compilation image from one close shot and one far shot. Then Topaz art filter applied.
  8. Obstruction Point Paintbrush

Obstruction Point Paintbrush

Compilation of 2 shot - one focused closed and one far. Then Topaz Simplify filter application.
  9. daveRen

after the rain

Wow ..... thats a great shot. I think the isolation of the bloom is what makes it ..... there is almost no detail in the background.
  10. Victoria 5:30 AM

Victoria 5:30 AM

Early morning on the inner harbour of Victoria. The Coho is just loading up for its first run.
  11. Butchart Gardens

Butchart Gardens

The gardens on an overcast day with million of tulips.
  12. Death Valley Night

Death Valley Night

A "light painting". My shooting buddy held a large incadenscent flashlight off to the left and then "painted" the tree with light - the exposure was approximately 15 seconds.
  13. daveRen

Comment by 'daveRen' in media 'Olympic NP - Ruby Beach'

Nicely done, Becky I like the slight blurring of the waves, just enough to provide a feel of movement. Its interesting how the mist lights up in front of the larger island.
  14. daveRen

Some Victoria BC shots

some more Wow what great panoramas, Tony. The one of the parliament buildings is perfectly exposed and stitched, very nice. Since I live in Victoria, I thought I would throw in some of mine. - Dave
  15. Broken Islands

Broken Islands

in Pacific Rim National Park on the west coast of Vancouver Island.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back