Recent content by Irene

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. Irene

Lithia Park Ashland Oregon 4-4-2011

Lovely, Russ... each time I go there it's like a different place to me.
  2. Irene

Abandoned Building shoot

2, 5 & 6 seem to best convey that there is a story in the telling, the continuity between them really works. Six is my fave, it's the quietest, most intimate and inviting of the series.
  3. Irene

Kirsten **Pictures**

Beautiful, love the color in the first two, and the black & whites are gorgeous. Like the variety.
  4. Irene

Just Plane Foggy....

The halo could just be that the landscape scene capture mode in your camera added some extra contrast that doesn't seem apparent when viewing original image but gets exacerbated in smaller sizes. I can see why you went back for this, I would have, too.
  5. Irene

Moonlight

I am new at offering critique but have already benefited from receiving it myself. There are some generous, thoughtful photographers sharing their insights on this forum. Pops, ejones, BobH and other's I am forgetting - they've given me much to think about. Glad to have helped.
  6. Irene

Moonlight

Yes, the second image with the fence is better. It includes the fence post which informs my understanding of the strong horizontal base. The post also attracts my eye to a place that just happens to be the start of a lovely ark of lights leading me through the branches in an upwards gesture...
  7. Irene

Moonlight

I like the light in the branches on the first, but the wasted space below the tree puzzles me. The second shot is really nice, tho Digital Latte has spoken well about the tilt... I've never used one but I am under the impression that photographers who specialize in architecture use shift tilt or...
  8. Irene

Stream of Consciousness

Yeah, your image is a wonderful study in textural contrasts - the smooth soft flow of the water against the hard, resolute stones - and I love that you've placed the edge of these contrasts along the lower third... leads my eye first to the half submerged rock (which itself is in a...
  9. Irene

Stream of Consciousness

OK, I am not sure how clear I was, so here is what I meant - I made the adjustments and then removed them in slanted strips throughout the image - my intent is to show a before and after in how you can make the lower portion of the image carry the same colors as the upper portion. I hope I...
  10. Irene

Stream of Consciousness

The saturation and tones are perfect in the water and in the stones that are close to the water on the bank. I would love to see what you get if you played with the brighter rocks (farther from the water) in order to get them play nicely with the luminosity and saturation levels found on closer...
  11. Irene

What a surprise

This reminds me of something mentioned in DVD bonus features for the film "The Social Network". They filmed using the RED system. If I remember right, in addition to less burn out in the highlights, a big factor in their choice was the ability to throw backgrounds out of focus with larger...
  12. Irene

What a surprise

Yep, I love the contrast between the sharp, in focus, flakes and the soft out of focus background.
  13. Irene

Hello From Portland, OR

Welcome Kevin, you'll find a very supportive community here. You definitely have an eye for the urbane.
  14. Irene

Stream of Consciousness

This is just lovely. You've really nailed the exposure/blur on the water. Would you welcome some C&C?
  15. Irene

Hello from Southern Oregon

Thanks Harley! I have to admit, this feels like the forum I've looking for.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back