Recent content by John999R

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. John999R

Snow bunting (AKA the "toasted marshmallow)

As soon as I saw the word "Bunting" I raced to your post to see what this subspecies looked like compared to the more known Bunting with the brightly colored feathers. This one is just as beautiful as the Painted Bunting in its own way. I wish they inhabited the west coast, N. Cal to be exact...
  2. John999R

Sad news

Here is something I wrote to Bill in private messaging on the website: RIP Bill, I found the news by accident on Ducati. ms. Many people there were saddened by your passing. I really appreciated knowing you and your passion for bird photography. I loved looking at your photos, all of them, but...
  3. John999R

Edmonds Backyard Critters

Cute little bugger. For the first time ever, we had a visiting squirrel in our backyard a couple of years back. I have never seen a squirrel in any of the four homes we lived in going back 45 years. I finally figured out why. Each house was bought new, in tract developments that contained no...
  4. John999R

Cotton Tails are one of the cutest critters around. We have quite a few of them in the area, mostly near the creeks and ponds.
  5. John999R

I appreciate it when you provide what camera, lens, and other settings Bill. It really helps newbies like me.
  6. John999R

Some Nor Cal Raptors

I guess they heard the statement, "can't we all get along?" Lenny, is the two middle Eagles juvies, or are they just having a bad feather day, or were they playing in a muddy pond?
  7. John999R

Some Nor Cal Raptors

I totally agree Bill, thanks for inviting Lenny to the forum. His photography is more than outstanding. Looking forward to seeing more contributions. Thanks, Lenny. Where do you plan on moving to Lenny after you retire? I'm thinking the same thing, but staying in California, I'm at the base...
  8. John999R

That was a fun post to follow Bill. I'll chime in on the mystery squirrel, I think it's a juvi Eastern Gray just based on the comparison of the Gray Squirrel face off on the fence with the Doug Squirrel. The common color band in the tail of the two squirrels was the telltale clue. Those Doug...
  9. John999R

Blue Heron

Here's a photo I took of a Blue Heron I thought I lost over a year ago. I was using either a Canon T3 or T4i, forgot which lens and the blurry green thing on the right is a shrub. Just for info, I bought a new Canon 80D in late 2019, but for reasons below, I haven't been doing much photography...
  10. John999R

Birds of Edmonds, WA. 2019

Bill, your photography inspired me to break out the 80D today and just drive around the farm country and find something interesting to take pictures of. I was going to ride the Goldwing up to a buddy's house north of me, but I can do that tomorrow, maybe.
  11. John999R

Sandhill cranes

Nice images and beautiful birds too.
  12. John999R

80d vs 77d

Oh no, you got me thinking again Bill and that's dangerous! I'll see what the used market is like.
  13. John999R

80d vs 77d

I've been thinking about upgrading from my Rebel T4i to something newer. I'm a novice user and the camera will be for general photography, mostly outdoor daytime stuff and I would like to pursue wildlife photography mainly. From a technical standpoint, what I have read is both cameras are...
  14. John999R

Birds of Edmonds, WA. 2019

Beautiful bird, first time seeing one in photos.
  15. John999R

Snow Scenes 2019

I guess you could say snow is fun when less frequent. Gives the neighborhood a totally different look. Interesting. I can't imagine living in it for months at a time and 6' high, a great incentive to retire as soon as you can and become a snowbird. I would certainly become one if I lived in...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back