Recent content by Mr Mac

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. Mr Mac

Mud Monster

We were actually out with an older Cherokee this weekend and he went places I couldn't (not enough ground clearance on mine yet). We actually were looking at one of those for my youngest son before he settled in on an F-150.
  2. Mr Mac

Mud Monster

You are so right, Rocky! Here's one I'll let you have a go at. For some odd reason it just felt right to tilt the camera a bit...
  3. Mr Mac

Mud Monster

Saturday I decided it was time to get out and put two of my favorite things to do together but in a place where I've never done it before! My youngest son and I headed off to the woods (Tillamook SF, to be precise) and do a little off-roading with some like minded individuals. While we were...
  4. Mr Mac

Monday...No doubt.

I have cleaned the sensor more times than I can count, and to no avail. Last night, since I wasn't doing anything else, I took a baseline shot with the kit lens and then another with my Sigma 28-80 f3.5-5.6 lens and the spots are gone. I cleaned the lens itself as well and the spots still...
  5. Mr Mac

Monday...No doubt.

I was working on chasing a dot in my optics and had finally narrowed it down to the 18-55 kit lens. In the process of taking shots of a white door looking for the offending dot I identically took what my wife decided was one of my best selfies. Some days I don't like her...
  6. Mr Mac

Square One

I decided to just get back to basics and stop with the nonsense and let the pictures speak for themselves and to also let the camera do the work. I do still have a couple of wooly-boogers somewhere in the optics I need to get cleaned out!
  7. Mr Mac

Curly Creek Falls

Thanks for the input guys. I knew it was the wrong part of the day to even try thins but we had to get it while the gettin' was good. We will be going back and I will be trying this shot again and I'll make sure I either set the camera up for this correctly or wait for the shadows to creep in.
  8. Mr Mac

Curly Creek Falls

Okay, I figured out my problem, uh, well, my problem with the camera, anyways. I set the camera in shutter mode instead of manual so the camera tried to decide what aperture was best based on the speed I set it for. Duh! :o
  9. Mr Mac

Curly Creek Falls

By the way...
  10. Mr Mac

Curly Creek Falls

This weekend the wife and I decided it was time to visit the water falls along the Lewis River in the Gifford Pinchot NF here in southwestern WA. I took the shot with the Sony SLT-A35 but I have some learning to do with the little thing. I got the exposure all wrong for the shutter speed but...
  11. Mr Mac

Ecola SP

Thanks for the tip. Once it was posted I too noticed it was a bit heavy.
  12. Mr Mac

Ecola SP

We decided to stop unpacking for a bit and go check out a sunset at Ecola SP just north of Canon Beach.
  13. Mr Mac

Snow

It snowed here last weekend. This is the top of one of our solar post lights.
  14. Mr Mac

Deception Pass

From my last trip up to Whidbey...
  15. Mr Mac

2013 Holiday Express

All great shots, but for me, the first was the money shot! Mac
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back