Recent content by NewlyNorwegian

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. N

Mountain Goats in Western WA?

I've seen mtn goats several times in the Tipsoo Lake area, which is just west of the Chinook Pass summit. Drivable and a short, flat hike around the lake.
  2. IMG_9654_800x545_

IMG_9654_800x545_

3. N

The Elusive Rainbow Owl

Nice capture! I saw one of these guys one year ago today, and have had good luck calling them in with "Night Fever."
  4. Columbia National Wildlife Refuge

Columbia National Wildlife Refuge

Crab Creek Area of Columbia National Wildlife Refuge
  5. Spiral Butte

Spiral Butte

Spiral Butte
  6. N

Mountain Goats in Western WA?

Do you mean bighorn sheep? I've never seen Mtn goats in the Yak River Canyon, though plenty of bighorn. Not meant to imply you don't know your ungulates :) Every time I've hiked Mt Elinor, there are Mtn Goats near the top. Definitely close enough for shots with a good tele. Elinor is near the...
  7. N

Yesterdays shoot with 2 great models.

Nice series. I agree with the "barbed wire out the ear" assesment. I like that they look natural, they don't have the somewhat fake, brushed look in their faces that seems to be popular these days. Some people just aren't smiley, and maybe that's the case here. Forcing smiles might look too...
  8. N

Whooo, whooo are in the woods?

Beautiful shots!
  9. IMG_3679-2

IMG_3679-2

10. IMG_3754-2

IMG_3754-2

11. IMG_3813-2

IMG_3813-2

12. N

Comment by 'NewlyNorwegian' in media 'American Bittern Grabs a Tadpole.'

Wow! Nicely done. Don't think I've ever seen a photo of a bittern in action like this.
  13. N

Comment by 'NewlyNorwegian' in media 'Hairy Woodpecker'

Nice! Mind if I ask what focal length lense you use for your bird shots?
  14. Who's Watching Who(m)?

Who's Watching Who(m)?

Not the best shot, but it was fun being watched.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back