Recent content by Shadow

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. S

Northern Lights

It is just now starting to get dark enough that we can see the lights up north here. I will try and get some images of them.
  2. S

Unexpected Surprise

From what I tried a quick USM of the original at about 3-4 pixels @ 100% with 2-3 threshold should sharpen things up to where the feathers are looking better and bump hue sat 10-11% and the image seems to pop and look sharp.
  3. S

So where the heck has shadow been at?

Would love toshare an image of the northern lights but so far every good night for it the weather locally has not been agreeable. But I am making plans. :)
  4. S

So where the heck has shadow been at?

So to let everyone catch up, this year so far has been a rather busy one. Daughter was born 5 months ago. Moved to Alaska A month and a half ago. So my free time has been rather.. Limited, and I have to say that Other than it is a bit chilly up here in AK I am kinda liking the place...
  5. S

faerie-land forest

Here is what I got Rocky, something about being saved as a .bmp was making things odd when working with it. I adjusted levels, then a hue saturation and then resaved it.
  6. S

Purchasing a new Canon Lens??? Help???

I noticed that you had the 100-400 on that list.. If you need a lot of reach and are finding th 70-200 to short, you could get all crazy like and get the ...... Sigma 120-300 F2.8 DG EX OS. and a 1.4x/2x teleconverter. That way you are covered from 120-600mm and still...
  7. S

faerie-land forest

Rocky, the part that bothers me is the water it should be white in the areas it is running over the rocks IMO, and having grown up almost my entire life in western Or/Wa I understand filtered light. :D Do you mind if I adjust the colors a bit? And repost what I think is a bit closer on my monitor?
  8. S

faerie-land forest

Good image Rocky, but IMO and on my monitor, it looks really green (part of your post process? Or Orton filter.)
  9. S

A Night in Lincoln City

As a side note you can get the floats in Lincoln City, if you have the time you can even blow one yourself. I think there is a place in Newport as well that lets you blow them with assistance.
  10. S

Ear Today . . . gone tomorrow.

I hear a photo challenge for may, grab a box of peeps and shoot them.....
  11. S

Abandoned Building shoot

No problem. Some of my quick and dirty stuff is more for me to conceptualize and share rather than this is what you could have done. I also noticed a blue cast to the image not sure if that is from your lights or if that was intentional. I understand the looking for a dramatic and moody image...
  12. S

Abandoned Building shoot

Here is what I came up with. not the same just a little different. Some dodgeing and burning, and shadows and high light adjustments is all, then ran the PS frame (I modified it so that it was a mask and useable on any sized image) action and then changed the burned edge to a cooler black...
  13. S

Abandoned Building shoot

IMO the First third and fifth images are the best of the posted set as far as interesting and "likeability" (is that even a word?) Can I have permission to play with the fifth image? I have some ideas for it and will share if you want the processes I use..
  14. S

***neon***

Great shots ! That second one reminds me of one I shot a few years back :) .
  15. S

A Number of Familiar Faces

HI Mike! Good to see you made it over this way. There are a few of us from the other forums around here as well. Good to see you are still shooting and having a good time. :) Shadow (Daron)
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back