Recent content by Tom Z

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. T

Birds in Nebraska and Iowa

Every couple of years we go to northern Minnesota. On the one of the lakes we visit there are always Loons and Bald Eagles. June this year did not disappoint. And then an Osprey flew by too. All pictures taken from a small fishing buoyancy operated aquatic transport. (B.O.A.T.)
  2. T

Red- Breasted Sapsucker

Forums seem a bit slow for some reason. But I for one enjoy your postings, Thanks. Our big excitement was this red headed woodedpecker in the front yard. first time in 35 years of living here we've seen one in the neighborhood. Had a Rose breasted Grosbeak smash into the front window this...
  3. T

Loess Bluffs National Wildlife Refuge

Located a couple of miles east of the Missouri River and southwest of Mound City Missouri is the Loess Bluffs National Wildlife Refuge. It's about 90 miles south of Omaha, NE. Various times of the year and depending on the weather patterns many animals and birds can be found here. My wife and I...
  4. T

Took a journey north of Iowa into northern Minnesota. Found some young Loons on the Lake.
  5. T

Helping hand for Rail Family

Good job. Did you do a Virginia Reel to celebrate?
  6. T

Thank you both. I am getting more alert to some of the different ones as I drive down the rural roads with my camera on my lap. Could be a country song in there somewhere.
  7. T

Any thoughts on this one. Medium size, won't sit still for better picture
  8. T

Birds of Edmonds, WA. 2020

Capturing in flight is difficult, but you did well. I may go down to the road bridges over the creek where lots of swallows nest and practice too. Thanks Bill.
  9. T

Foxes in Nebraska

Along the creek this morning. First time to see beavers here. Water good and muddy from all the rain last night.
  10. T

Gosling and Buttercups

Cuteness factor 100
  11. T

One of the things I like to do is look on Google Earth. A place name came up near a small town north of Lincoln NE. The Jack Sinn wildlife management area. Reading a plaque mounted on a rock in one of the small parking areas, we find that Jack Sinn was a Nebraska Game and Parks Commissioner a...
  12. T

Bird ID Help Needed

What’s he doin sitting there? Pouting from a missed kill?
  13. T

That would be the Gray Cat Bird. Makes interesting noises that some times sounds like a mew.
  14. T

I believe these are orchard orioles
  15. T

Hummingbird Nest at my Front Door

Wow! That is fine imaging. Is with the telephoto?
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back