PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

I led my final tour of the year in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons in September. It was a fun trip, though a mixed bag in terms of wildlife. We didn't see a high volume of wildlife (compared to what one might typically find in spring), but we had a couple rarer sightings, including an otter, mountain goats and wolves crossing the road in front of us. Of course, the nice thing about fall is that one finds a lot of nice landscape photo ops there, especially if the autumn colors are near peak levels.

I recently uploaded a small gallery of new images from my Fall tour to my photo archive. A short preview is below.

bisonamerican0918ys14.jpg

goatmountain0918ys6.jpg

moose0918ys4.jpg

horse0918ys3.jpg

trees0918ys31.jpg

elk0918ys47.jpg

View the full Yellowstone 2018 Fall gallery here.

Max

Great photos. I just watched a four episode special on Yellowstone on the Animal Planet channel and think autumn would be the best time to go there. .

Great photos. I just watched a four episode special on Yellowstone on the Animal Planet channel and think autumn would be the best time to go there. .

If one is interested in both wildlife and landscape photo opportunities, autumn certainly fits the bill, as does winter (provided you can get into the park interior on a snow coach, where landscape photo ops are more numerous). Fall is also the one time I've year I'd say the Tetons is even better than Yellowstone too, thanks to the dramatic mountain range and the proliferation of autumn color in the aspens and cottonwoods down there.

For wildlife alone, spring is definitely the best time of year.

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back