Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. Bill Anderson

Edmonds Eagles 2018-2019

Yes it is. The 7DII + 500L tel;ephoto + 2x III teleconverter gives me a full frame equivalent focal length of 1600mm ( a little over 30x in mirrorless camera terms).
  2. Bill Anderson

First post

Welcome to the club. Terry and I both live in the Edmonds area. I was up at the North Fork access last week with my son.
  3. Bill Anderson

First post

Welcome to the forum. Where are you and where did you take the shot of the kestrel?
  4. Bill Anderson

Edmonds Eagles 2018-2019

An eagle perched atop the spar at Hutt Park Tuesday afternoon (12-4-18). Taken from a long ways away at the marina with the 7DII + 500L tel;ephoto + 2x III teleconverter. The Hutt Park pair is currently a mystery. They had a nest in Hutt Park, then abandoned it 4-5 years ago and built...
  5. Bill Anderson

Sunsets of Edmonds, WA.

The quest for sunset calendar shots continues. Thursday's (12-6-18) location was Marina Beach Park. Super telephoto shot of an antenna tower on the peninsula across Puget Sound.
  6. Bill Anderson

Sunsets of Edmonds, WA.

The sun is now setting at its earliest (4:16pm PST) and farthest south. It will continue to do so through the winter solstice on Friday, 12-22-18. My son and I spent a chilly Wednesday afternoon (12-05-18) on the fishing pier to take sunset shots for calendars I give to family and friends as...
  7. Bill Anderson

Juvie red-tail

Or he has already heard about the Bird Whisperer. ;)
  8. Bill Anderson

Juvie red-tail

Wow! Red tails usually don't let you get that close, even with a big lens.
  9. Bill Anderson

Edmonds Seals

Tuesday afternoon (12-05-18) my son and I caught both a baby seal and a sea lion below the fishing pier. Later that afternoon I ran into a friend who is a retired wildlife biologist from NOAA and asked him if the baby seal was in danger of being eaten by the sea lion. He said that while sea...
  10. Bill Anderson

Patagonia 2017 Pumas

The show is called Man vs Puma with Boone Smith as the narrator before the camera. I think the title is a bit sensational as the pumas ignored the people as they went about their daily business of surviving in what can be a hostile environment. I'll watch the show again on On Demand and see if...
  11. Bill Anderson

Soundscapes

Snow is on the peaks of the Olympic Mtns once again. I took this uncropped shot Tuesday afternoon (12-05-18) from the fishing pier using my super telephoto package of the 7DII + 500L telephoto + 2x III telelconverter for a full frame equivalent of 1600mm. For a sharper image I used the Windows...
  12. Bill Anderson

Wildlife of Edmonds, WA. 2018

A baby seal and an adult sea lion were swimming just off the fishing pier. They were both extremely hard to track with the super telephoto package as they surfaced and dove due to the limited field of view. I wished I had attached the 5DIII instead as it would have given me a larger field of...
  13. Bill Anderson

Wildlife of Edmonds, WA. 2018

Tuesday afternoon (12-04-18) was another bright, sunny day, so my son and I headed down to the fishing pier. I decided to keep the 7DII attached to the 500L telephoto lens + 2x III teleconverter to get maximum reach for any birds that may be far out in the Sound. I regretted that decision once...
  14. Bill Anderson

Edmonds Transportation Mix

The 787th Boeing 787 flew over Puget Sound between Edmonds and Mukilteo Tuesday afternoon (12-4-18). It is owned by China Southern Airlines according to the writing under the wing and on the side of the plane. O took a series of photos from the fishing pier with the 7DII + 500L telephoto...
  15. Bill Anderson

Nice day for sailing

Looks like Photobucket is back, albeit with a big ugly watermark.
  16. Bill Anderson

Samish Flats and Fir Island 12-03-18

Swans that had just landed in a small pond created by a low spot in the field.
  17. Bill Anderson

The more common female northern harrier. Several were in the area.
  18. Bill Anderson

For comparison, the following shots were taken at the West 90 using the 7DII + 500L telephoto + 2x III teleconverter, which gives a full frame equivalent of 1600mm. The auto ISO settings were within a range the 7DII can handle, so I believe the softness was created by the heat waves magnified...
  19. Bill Anderson

Next stop was the end of Rawlings Road, which is near the north mouth of the Skagit River. Many birders refer to this as simply "the North Fork. I was looking for short-eared owls, but saw only distant harriers and eagles. I took a few scenic shots of my pickup with the Skagit Valley in the...
  20. Bill Anderson

Next stop was Fir Island, where a large flock of snow geese was in a field beside Maupin Rd. Lots of birders and photographers with telephoto lenses were parked beside the road. I simply stopped the pickup on the road and handed my 5DIII + 24-105L wide angle zoom to my son Daren, who took...

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com