Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. Bill Anderson

Birds of Edmonds, WA. 2019

Thursday (3-21-19) a red-breasted nuthatch was pecking at one of the habitat stumps in my backyard. For a small bird it made a fairly loud pecking sound. It came up with something.
  2. Bill Anderson

Magnuson Park this Morning

I sent a link to the photos to Bud Anderson, a local raptor expert who teaches classes on raptor ID. He ID-ed the bird as a "classic" juvenile red-tailed hawk. That makes the photos even better, as red-tailed hawks are very skittish and much more difficult to photograph than Cooper's hawks.
  3. Bill Anderson

Edmonds Eagles 2018-2019

Saturday afternoon (3-16-19) my son and I were driving south on Sunset Ave. when we saw an eagle circling ahead of us over Woodway. We drove up Pine St. to look for it. It had landed on one of the sentry trees near the nest and was calling for its mate. The mate responded and flew up to...
  4. Bill Anderson

Still more Marsh March Madness from Saturday (3-16-19) afternoon. A beautiful light morph red-tailed hawk soared over the marsh and Pt. Edwards. The first time I have seen Wesley perched on the old martin gourd holder. bushtit
  5. Bill Anderson

Cute little kinglet

The Bird Whisperer is on a roll.
  6. Bill Anderson

More Marsh March Madness from Wednesday (3-13-19) afternoon. Spotted towhee off the #1 viewing platform. Wesley perched on a bare shrub very close to the walkway.
  7. Bill Anderson

Edmonds Eagles 2018-2019

Wednesday afternoon (3-13-19) I was following up on an eagle sighting by a friend when I spotted this sub adult perched in a tall fir on Hanna Park Rd., which is near Sunset Ave. I am guessing it is a third year bird.
  8. Bill Anderson

More backyard birds. My nemesis, the ruby crowned kinglet Bewick's wren Song sparrow
  9. Bill Anderson

Tuesday afternoon (3-12-19) I took a break from Marsh March Madness 2019 to photograph some backyard birds after my son and I refilled the seed feeders. Black-capped chickadee Dark-eyed junco (Oregon variety) red-breasted nuthatch
  10. Bill Anderson

Parkscapes

From the boardwalk that goes out to the #1 viewing platform. The "pond" off the boardwalk and the waterway nearest the #1 viewing platform are now visible.
  11. Bill Anderson

Parkscapes

More shots, taken Sunday afternoon (3-10-19), of the foliage at the marsh that has been beaten down by this winter's snow, rain, and wind. It will be interesting to see if the foliage bounces back with super growth like it did last year.
  12. Bill Anderson

I dropped by the marsh Sunday afternoon (3-10-19) to see how Marsh March Madness 2019 is going. Wesley reminded me to tell everyone to come down and watch the marsh progress from winter to spring. A female downy woodpecker was in the trees bordering the marsh along the walkway between the #2...
  13. Bill Anderson

Varied thrush continue to hang out in my neighborhood. Their loud, distinctive trills can be heard in the morning after sunrise. One continues to lay claim to the ground level suet feeder in my back yard. I have seen it chase off another thrush and a junco. The varied thrush is hard to...
  14. Bill Anderson

Ruby-crowned kinglet showing off

They will do anything for the Bird Whisperer.
  15. Bill Anderson

Later that afternoon from Sunset Ave. The first time I have seen Brant perched on the tethered log at the underwater dive park at Brackett's Landing North.
  16. Bill Anderson

The frenzied activity of crows at the far south side alerted me to the presence of a predator. In this case, it was a red-tailed hawk. Like the eagles, one of the sentinels of the marsh was surveying the proceedings, only from ground level. A black-capped chickadee was checking out...
  17. Bill Anderson

I dropped by the marsh Thursday afternoon (3-7-19) to see how preparations for Marsh March Madness 2019 were progressing. I was not alone, for the Pt. Edwards eagles watching the proceedings from their usual perch above the new condos at the top of Pine St. As official greeter, Wesley was...
  18. Bill Anderson

Harrier relaxing, Astounding Snow Geese

My son and I passed the flock at that location earlier this winter while we were heading home. It was near sunset and I should have stopped for photos but we were in a hurry to get home.
  19. Bill Anderson

Harrier relaxing, Astounding Snow Geese

Great shot of the snow geese. I recognize the location. It's now March and I need to get up there at least one more time before everyone flies their separate ways.

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com