Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. S

Looking for birding shots

Hello, I have just moved to Lake Stevens, Washington and I have seen lots of great birds but haven't found places to photograph the birds. Can anyone recommend any areas in the vicinity that are open to photographers? Thank you, Susan B
  2. S

Is Refurbished a good idea?

Hello, I thought I had seen this question posted before but could not find it in my search. It would appear that my Canon 30D may be biting the dust and I am going to need to replace it. Canon told me about their "Loyalty" program where you can buy a refurbished camera body to replace your...
  3. S

Tyring to slow down moving sand

Hello, I haven't posted in quite a while but I would really like some advice on how to get the technique down of slowing down the water. I was at the coast during one of those "hurricane force winds" storms and I tried to capture the moving sand in the same manner that I have tried to...
  4. S

I finally had my lens fixed

Well, it took me months to send it in, but I finally sent both the camera and my lens. They replaced the auto focus mechanism on my lens. Now, the big test, can I manage to get any clear shots?:) The following are just some flower shots to see if there was any improvement? Comments and...
  5. S

Sending lens and camera in?

Hello, I am finally going to send my Canon 70-300 mm lens in to see why I can't get clear focus:mad:, even on auto-focus (which by the way, hardly ever locks on to anything very fast). I was told by someone in a camera store that it would be best if I sent in both my camera body and the lens...
  6. S

Some hummingbird pics

I'm learning more and more about what makes for a good composition, but for now, I have to be an opportunist and take the photos whenever a subject presents itself. I now know that the backgrounds are a bit too distracting and I did try a few different crops... What do you think?
  7. S

What about monopods?

Hello again, I have been learning so much from everyone's comments, I really appreciate it. What are your thoughts on monopods? Especially, monopods for use while birding? Any comments/recommendations are welcomed. Susan
  8. S

Need some more help

Hello, I appreciate all of the comments and tips that everyone has been offering. I am in sort of a bind - I have been monitoring some nests and now there are babies and I cannot seem to get a sharp focus at all. I took this shot on Aperture Priority, f/5.6, ISO 400, spot metering, and using...
  9. S

Worth anything

Hello, I love these two photos because you can see how powerful the juvenile eagle's take-off was - the tree needles are flying all over the place. I would really like to hear some comments and critiques.
  10. S

Photo Critiques

Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to get feedback on photos that I post? I know I have a long way to go and could use some advice. Susan B
  11. S

Hello from Oak Harbor, Washington

:) I love to photograph birds but am a new photographer. I need some help with cloudy days and dark birds.

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com