Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. JaniceL

Hungry Baby, Juvenile Cooper's Hawk.

I've been away from my camera for awhile. But could not resist the calls of the begging kids. Taken in Mountain Park, Lake Oswego, Oregon Juvenile Cooper's Hawk by Janice L, on Flickr Juvenile Cooper's Hawk by Janice L, on Flickr Juvenile Cooper's Hawk by Janice L, on Flickr
  2. JaniceL

There's going to be a new family in Eugene.

I had a business to do in Eugene and made it a point to bring my camera along since I was going to be very near Skinner Butte. brooding by Janice L, on Flickr Uncropped (500mm, f6.3, 1/1000) Uncropped by Janice L, on Flickr Take off by Janice L, on Flickr
  3. JaniceL

Blondes have more fun. :) Leucistic Bald Eagle, Klamath Falls area.

Found these on a road trip to the Wildlife Refuges of the Klamath Basin. This is a busy year for Bald Eagles in the Klamath Basin. I've been asked not to share the exact location, however the word is out. We drove around a few area roads to find this pair and just one other car who we also...
  4. JaniceL

Ridgefield NWR, this is the time to visit. (Jan 10, 2015)

I took a drive to Ridgefield yesterday. The fields are flooded, and the usual annual visitors have arrived. Even saw four otters, but they were too elusive this time around. I'll catch them next time. Hmm, what's that down there? by Janice L, on Flickr I'm watching you. by Janice L, on...
  5. JaniceL

Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge, Fall is here and things are picking up.

A couple days of rain and nothing to do I thought perhaps this was a good day to head to Ridgefield. Let's hear it for the return of the fall/winter wildlife viewing season. A great blue heron, shopping for dinner. Shopping for dinner in the floral department by Janice L, on Flickr An...
  6. JaniceL

Just a few summer flowers.

7. JaniceL

Consider a visit to see the Iris Gardens. The blossoms won't last long.

We are in the middle of the iris season and you might consider visiting Schreiner's Iris Gardens. Located in Brooks, Oregon, just north of Salem. A selection of photos from my morning visit on Wednesday. (5/14/14)
  8. JaniceL

Bittern Sunday

The American Bitterns were out in force in the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge this Sunday. I love these guys. They can sometimes be a little hard to see. But sooner or later they have to show themselves. Profile shot. :) Time for dinner.
  9. JaniceL

My first eaglet of 2014

Not a great shot. Not even an intentional shot. I was in the Tualatin River National Wildlife refuge and was shooting a slash burn on the far hills. And to my surprise, after uploading my card I found an eaglet has hatched. Woohoo. NOt my best shot but fun just the same. Show me your first...
  10. JaniceL

GBH Homeowner's Association

I checked out the local Great Blue Heron rookery today. Much like all homeowner's trips have to be made for the occasional building supplies. And there is always the discussion about how to decorate. But like any condominium, you do have your neighbors living a bit close...
  11. JaniceL

Are you tired of owls yet?

The Barred Owl. I was lucky to catch them mating tonight, unfortunately not with my camera. Still fun to watch. I am hoping for owlets sometime in the future. :)
  12. JaniceL

wink, wink, hawk gotta blink.

I thought I'd share my crudely composited photo of a a Red-Tailed Hawk who I caught blinking. Notice his nictitating membrane (3rd eyelid) covering his eye. Another shot mid blink. (edited from original post)
  13. JaniceL

Snow Day at the Refuge

I had to drive to Longview today so I thought I'd check out the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge. It was closed all weekend and they freshly plowed it either yesterday or today. It was one of those special days when nobody was there. The ponds, wetlands and canals were pretty much frozen so...
  14. JaniceL

Janice's favorite shots of 2013

My year in review, some of the shots may not be my best shots but they are here because I have special feelings for them. January I'm sad, won't likely see them at the Ridgefield refuge this year. They are trapping and killing them to preserve the endangered White Tailed Dear. Not that I...
  15. JaniceL

If you are invited to Christmas Dinner

Be certain you aren't on the menu. The heron caught the little vole in the grass and walked over to the flooded field and repeatedly dunked the little fellow. A little snack as sunset. Never thought of frogs legs for dinner.
  16. JaniceL

What's going on at the Ridgefield wildlife refuge. 12/14/13

Things have been pretty slow, even before the recent freeze. Now much of the ponds and canals are still frozen. Nutria on ice Tundra Swans
  17. JaniceL

Share photos of your guest to your bird feeders here :)

It's fun to see who visits the bird feeders. Here is my first contribution a Red-breasted Nuthatch. How about sharing yours? . . . . . . squirrels included.
  18. JaniceL

A misty day at the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge.

Driving home from an appointment I decided to drop into the refuge today. The colors were muted in the misty air. I saw that the Bald Eagles are laying claim to their nest. And at times the sound of geese was almost deafening. I love fall and winter at the refuges.
  19. JaniceL

Falconry

The Oregon Renaissance Festival is running for the next few weekends at the Washington County Fairgrounds in Hillsboro. It's a small event but one of the shows thy have is a falconry exhibit. Of course I had to watch that. In case you are wondering, the little antenna he is...
  20. JaniceL

Cooper's Hawk out my window.

I wander all over the place looking for birds. I'm on my phone and what do I see, a young Cooper's Hawk. You already saw this one if you looked at this week's Project 52. The lighting wasn't good here so image is a bit overworked. (7D) Then there another angle, he or she was taken with...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back