Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. B

Oregon Coast Ideas?

cape kiwanda is a few minutes north of lincoln city. there are sea stacks, tide pools and sand dunes there. if you hike to the top of the sand dunes there are some long dead gray trees sticking through the sand. i bet the morning light would light 'em up real nice.
  2. B

Waterfall on the McCloud River

I've wondered about HDR myself because it can become a crutch when used too often. But I think we are also debating different styles within photography. The cartoonish look of some HDR isn't necessarily a bad thing. You just need to take it for what it is and kinda accept it as a style that you...
  3. B

i think it would be a fun challenge, to shoot an HDR waterfall without any blown highlights - and impossible to tell that it's HDR.
  4. B

the highlights do get blown out with long exposures of water used in an HDR. i took a similar shot where everything looked fine except a spot of blown out water. i wonder if you froze the water in all but one of the exposures - if it would solve it.
  5. B

but there are some HDR's that are so subtle that you can't hardly tell they're HDR. don't those work?
  6. B

where is this river? all nice images, thumbs up!
  7. B

Macro Photography

I use a Takumar 50mm F4 1:1 macro lens with my Canon 5d mkii and get amazing results. It's a 50 year old lens and strictly manual, but the images have amazing color saturation and sharpness and the thing is dirt cheap compared to the Canon macro lenses. I paid $6 for mine at a thrift store plus...
  8. I Met Bob Just After Shooting This

I Met Bob Just After Shooting This

9. B

Comment by 'Brianjbean' in media 'Painted Hills 2'

so pretty! I wanna go shoot there.
  10. B

Comment by 'Brianjbean' in media 'Mt. McLoughlin'

this is a great photo. there's so much texture and i love the sky.
  11. B

Light Painting

yep, 30 seconds is the absolute limit for freezing stars, which pretty much requires an f2.8 lens unless you wanna shoot at iso1600+ - which ain't gonna be pretty! great first attempt. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
  12. B

Light Painting

have you tried using colored gels? you can do some really fun things...a headlamp might not be powerful enough to paint with em but to give you an idea here's a photo i did while camping over the weekend. i painted the red light, blue inside the car, red on the break lights and just used plain...
  13. B

Comment by 'Brianjbean' in media 'Dotless Lady Bug'

beautiful, looks like the lower left hand corner needs a slight crop or clone stamp.
  14. The Universe Within

The Universe Within

macro sunrise, shot with my old school manual Takumar 50mm f4 macro lens and my beloved 5d mkii
  15. Speed Bumps

Speed Bumps

16. B

been getting tired of crispy sharp.

You should experiment with using a plastic slurpee lid over the end of the lens. depending on what focal length you're at you can get interesting results. Focus too close and you see a clear octagonal shape (the straw hole), but focused very far away and you get a sharp center but blurred and...
  17. B

AMA Supercross Seattle

I love the shot of all the bikes peeling out at the starting gate - such a unique perspective.
  18. B

Comment by 'Brianjbean' in media 'Whitewalls'

thanks. i didn't have high hopes for this photo when i took it. it was pretty dark in there so i wasn't sure i could pull out the color and detail even with HDR.
  19. Whitewalls

Whitewalls

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back