Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. Tony S

Plane Spotters... help with ID on this jet??

I bet Mel is not flying this one. lol
  2. Tony S

I found the info on the jet by doing searches with different variations of the plane model and the number that was on the side of it and found the corporation that owns it,but nothing about why it's here in the area. It's owned by a company out of Henderson Nevada that contracts with the...
  3. Tony S

I am guessing that it was over in Tacoma at JBLM. After it flew circles here for and hour it made a straight line for over that direction, then came back about 40 minutes later and made another hours worth of circling passes. The darned thing almost hit the moon.
  4. Tony S

OK, this guy has been flying circles around the house for the last three days. South Pierce County all around Eatonville and the west side of Mt Rainier. Looks like it heads back to JBLM when it needs fuel after flying around for an hour, then comes back 40 minutes later. Anyone know anything...
  5. Tony S

Mt Rainier sunrise Saturday morning.

I hate getting up early in the morning, so it took me getting a 24hr overtime shift to get me out before sunrise. It was well worth the effort as I left early enough to stop and get some pictures of the pre-sunrise light that lit up the sky and Clear Lake. After I had taken a few pictures then...
  6. Tony S

Hummingbirds, anyone?

Need to get out the studded snow wings...
  7. Tony S

Saturday's view of "Mt Seattle Sehawks".

And one last one with the light only on the mountain...
  8. Tony S

Saturday's view of "Mt Seattle Sehawks".

It's only going to be called that for another hour or so, but here is Mt Rainier yesterday evening when it was almost all covered in clouds and cleared out in about 35 minutes. it is amazing at how fast not only the light changes, but also the cloud cover sometimes.
  9. Tony S

Christmas Birds

It's good to see birds in blue, the only ones around here are the stellars jays. Christmas day when I was at the parents I got the eagles, but I did not spend any time out at their feeders where they have at least a dozen hummingbirds dive bombing anything that moves near the feeder. Seems to...
  10. Tony S

Eagle Hot Spot

Only a couple up the Puyallup leg off of Oroville Road, the salmon are hitting the Carbon pretty heavy so food is easier there. I've never seen so many eagles there before, my parents have to keep a close eye on their little mutt when they let him out. But there were about a dozen or so cow elk...
  11. Tony S

A "different" view of Mt Rainier

A little something "off the wall" (bad pun intended). The reflection in the window of the neighbor's garage this evening. It looked like someone hung a painting on the side of their garage.
  12. Tony S

Eagle Hot Spot

They do come in close, but I had to hurry back to the house for dinner. (OK, I admit it, I was also a weenie out there in just short sleeves in the fog and cold). Here's a pair that came by and I had to pick up the 400 with monopod and all to swing over my head to get them.
  13. Tony S

Eagle Hot Spot

Right now there is a great gathering of eagles on the Carbon river above the fish hatchery in Orting. In just five minutes behind my mom and dad's on the river I counted over 60 eagles. This picture is not the best, but look close, there are 13 eagles in the trees in this one shot taken across...
  14. Tony S

The park is closed... but the views are not.

First shot was the 70-200 @ 115mm... second shot is the 400mm... third is the 400m with 1.4TC on board. Quite a colorful sunset tonight...
  15. Tony S

The park is closed... but the views are not.

The national park has the gates closed, but at least we can see the mountain from all over the place on this wonderful Saturday. Harsh noon light, but it still looks grand with it's new coat of snow. Wide... Close ... And closer...
  16. Tony S

Hello from Puyallup

Welcome Andy... I was the one that gave you the link to this place. Hope the folks here will help you out.
  17. Tony S

Visiting area, looking for locations.

Another worthwhile side trip is up to Mt St Helens to see a rebuilding volcano.
  18. Tony S

Visiting area, looking for locations.

If you are going to be up in the Seattle area and have time the Cascade Loop is a wonderful trip. http://www.cascadeloop.com/ If nothing else, the loop through and around Mt Rainier National Park is also full of photo ops. Parts of this can also be incorporated into the Cascade Loop trip...
  19. Tony S

Opening Day

Those that got out before sunrise got fish and missed getting rained on. I kept hearing lots of " I got another one" for the little bit I was there.
  20. Tony S

Some Mt Rainier snaps from today.

I was out running errands today while also shooting a baseball game and stopped to shoot Rainier from several different spots on my way. I even managed to get some color on my hairless head without getting a sunburn. All taken during the middle of the afternoon with my CP on the end of the...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back