Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. Tony S

Plane Spotters... help with ID on this jet??

OK, this guy has been flying circles around the house for the last three days. South Pierce County all around Eatonville and the west side of Mt Rainier. Looks like it heads back to JBLM when it needs fuel after flying around for an hour, then comes back 40 minutes later. Anyone know anything...
  2. Tony S

Mt Rainier sunrise Saturday morning.

I hate getting up early in the morning, so it took me getting a 24hr overtime shift to get me out before sunrise. It was well worth the effort as I left early enough to stop and get some pictures of the pre-sunrise light that lit up the sky and Clear Lake. After I had taken a few pictures then...
  3. Tony S

Saturday's view of "Mt Seattle Sehawks".

It's only going to be called that for another hour or so, but here is Mt Rainier yesterday evening when it was almost all covered in clouds and cleared out in about 35 minutes. it is amazing at how fast not only the light changes, but also the cloud cover sometimes.
  4. Tony S

A "different" view of Mt Rainier

A little something "off the wall" (bad pun intended). The reflection in the window of the neighbor's garage this evening. It looked like someone hung a painting on the side of their garage.
  5. Tony S

Eagle Hot Spot

Right now there is a great gathering of eagles on the Carbon river above the fish hatchery in Orting. In just five minutes behind my mom and dad's on the river I counted over 60 eagles. This picture is not the best, but look close, there are 13 eagles in the trees in this one shot taken across...
  6. Tony S

The park is closed... but the views are not.

The national park has the gates closed, but at least we can see the mountain from all over the place on this wonderful Saturday. Harsh noon light, but it still looks grand with it's new coat of snow. Wide... Close ... And closer...
  7. Tony S

Opening Day

Those that got out before sunrise got fish and missed getting rained on. I kept hearing lots of " I got another one" for the little bit I was there.
  8. Tony S

Some Mt Rainier snaps from today.

I was out running errands today while also shooting a baseball game and stopped to shoot Rainier from several different spots on my way. I even managed to get some color on my hairless head without getting a sunburn. All taken during the middle of the afternoon with my CP on the end of the...
  9. Tony S

Yikes it has been cold.

But at least I got some sunshine today which helped to light the frost on everything out in the yard. Taken with the 100mm macro at anywhere from 6" to 12" away, even at f32 that's only .36 for the area in focus.
  10. Tony S

No travel bird photography

Put up a feeder and then stalk the little guys in the trees and bushes as they wait their turn to pick the seeds. Save some gas. Taken between quarters of the different football games yesterday afternoon. ..
  11. Tony S

Wintery Mt Rainier

The clouds cleared today for some nice views of Mt Rainier. As of this afternoon there are 114" of snow at Paradise. 1. 2.
  12. Tony S

Did you see it today?

The sun came out. What a day, and so did Mt Rainier. A little after noon on our way to a doctor visit... And later on after we got back home...
  13. Tony S

Twigs moving in the brush.

Twigs moving in the brush, a fall love story. Some interesting twigs moving about in the blackberry patch from yesterday. This youngster is in rut and chasing his girlfriend all over the place. The bigger guy should be moving into the area soon when the rest of the does are ready. Hidden in...
  14. Tony S

Natrures skywared abstract

A few cloud formations from the front the came in Thursday evening. There is an optical illusion here where the bottoms of the clouds seem closer when in fact the ones at the top are closest, it's an interesting perspective on clouds taken with the 400mm 2.8 IS. Shot looking out an an angle...
  15. Tony S

First Dusting of Snow

Well Mt Rainier went from a lot of rocks from a dry summer of melting snow to an instant snow cone over night with the snow level coming down during yesterdays weather front blowing through.
  16. Tony S

A rare sighting...

Yep, captured the elusive big foot while out shooting the water falls and river this afternoon. Set exposure to capture the background, then used off camera flash to expose the goofball in the foreground so his face was not filled with shadows. Expsoure info.... ISO 200 1.3 seconds @...
  17. Tony S

The Veiled Entrance

The bottom of the Little Mashell falls after the 125 foot drop. It's large enough to get in behind the water, perhaps if I had a waterproof housing I would try for shots from the backside. Anyways, I was out getting the waterfall and river shots today after our long drought and expected rain...
  18. Tony S

Monday afternoon soccer match.

I've been behind in putting many photos up. Had to get a new computer when my old one took a nose dive, had almost everything backed up and what I didn't I can still luckily recover. So here's some soccer from out in the smoke yesterday. Out here in Eatonville the visibility has dropped...
  19. Tony S

Those eyes were buggin me

Saw this glint in the sunlight from 100 feet away when I pulled into the driveway earlier today. The little guy hung around on the fuschia long enough for me to try and get some shots in. Even at f8 with the macro lens the area in focus is pretty short. Handheld in the sun and flew off...
  20. Tony S

Artist at work

Some of you folks might recognize this guy, if not his face, perhaps his name. Award winning local western artist Fred Oldfield at work this weekend. A more relaxed moment... The piece he was painting being shown during the auction, $1300 was the winning bid, a bargain for a...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back