Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. Joemeche

Great Blue Heron

I've been keeping tabs on an active heronry on Bellingham's south side and enjoying the BIF opportunities. Here's one that caught my eye of the hundreds that I've shot recently. You'll notice that the shadow of the heron's head and part of the stick it was carrying show up quite well on its wing.
  2. Joemeche

Common Merganser

Watched this handsome male today as he paddled up a murky creek to do a bit of fishing. Tough to see prey with the muddy runoff clouding the water.
  3. Joemeche

Snowy Owls for Christmas

Nothing reported, yet, but we can always hope for a visit. Boundary Bay Snowy Owl Cheers, one and all!! :D
  4. Joemeche

Seasons greetings

Tough to know where to post this one but the message is clear. Enjoy!
  5. Joemeche

Black Oystercatchers

It was gray and rainy at Semiahmoo but this family of four brightened the day with their red-orange bills. There are two adults and two juveniles here, and I also saw three more farther down the beach.
  6. Joemeche

Killdeer

This is my totem bird and I'm always trying to get that red eye ring just right. Despite the gray skies today, I do believe I did it.
  7. Joemeche

Bald Eagle's pre-Thanksgiving brunch

I observed this scene at Semiahmoo yesterday. The entrée was a young Glaucous-winged Gull.
  8. Joemeche

Cedar Waxwings

I watched a small flock or CEWAs making repeated trips to fill up on pyracantha berries on Saturday. This individual occupied the same spot for a while.
  9. Joemeche

Surfbirds

I spent some time this afternoon with a flock of >50 Surfbirds foraging out of the wind in a small cove north of Larrabee SP. Lots of stills and video. I had to sneak up on 'em. :cool:
  10. Joemeche

Kokanee and Dippers

Kokanee are in several tributary creeks on Lake Whatcom right now and the circle of life goes on. Dippers always seem to know where to find food. Male Kokanee, end of the line American Dipper, watching for eggs
  11. Joemeche

Great Egret in Bellingham

This one has been on Southside for three days now, looking relatively content, even in today's rainy, blustery weather. All it did while I was there was preen....a lot!
  12. Joemeche

Snow Buntings

As soon as I arrived at Semiahmoo this morning the white flash of wings had me bailing out and grabbing gear. This is always a request on my winter field trips and they're a joy to find.
  13. Joemeche

Semiahmoo

Early morning fog lifted by afternoon, revealing a spectacular day with good birds. Hundreds of thousands of northern anchovies were swarming/swirling around the pilings and put on their own great show. It was a good day! Just before the fog lifted, this Cooper's Hawk was the big attraction...
  14. Joemeche

Bald Eagle and the moon

I was out at Semiahmoo early this morning and maneuvered into position for this shot....why not?
  15. Joemeche

Sharp-shinned Hawk

I was on my bike when a group of Steller's Jays alerted me to something that made stopping worthwhile. In no time, this handsome Sharpie gave me ample photo ops.
  16. Joemeche

Green Heron

Finally managed to capture the green that gives this bird its name. Just the right lighting, and a little luck, perhaps?
  17. Joemeche

Greater Yellowlegs

Here's one of eight GRYLs that I observed this morning at the mouth of California Creek, south of Blaine. This one's a juvenile.
  18. Joemeche

Great Horned Owl

This was a totally unexpected find today on the Semiahmoo Spit, in the wind and rain. Totally in the open above the beach and being mobbed by crows, but he hung in there!
  19. Joemeche

Brown Creeper

Creepers blend in so well with the trees they frequent that it's always fun to catch one with a different background for a change.
  20. Joemeche

Barred Owls

Located two Barred Owls in Bellingham's Cornwall Park this afternoon. This male was watching/waiting for crayfish and he eventually snared one.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back