Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. John999R

Blue Heron

Here's a photo I took of a Blue Heron I thought I lost over a year ago. I was using either a Canon T3 or T4i, forgot which lens and the blurry green thing on the right is a shrub. Just for info, I bought a new Canon 80D in late 2019, but for reasons below, I haven't been doing much photography...
  2. John999R

80d vs 77d

I've been thinking about upgrading from my Rebel T4i to something newer. I'm a novice user and the camera will be for general photography, mostly outdoor daytime stuff and I would like to pursue wildlife photography mainly. From a technical standpoint, what I have read is both cameras are...
  3. John999R

First time observation of Orioles in the backyard

About a month ago we received a surprise visit to the hummingbird feeder. It was a bird with striking yellow body color with black markings, about the size of a blackbird actually and what confused us he was drinking out of the hummingbird feeder. He returned a couple more times in the days...
  4. John999R

Great Horned Owl in Phoenix, Az.

I didn't take the attached photo, it was one of many an old neighborhood friend growing up took of a visiting owl to his backyard in Phoenix, Az. He moved to the S/W after living in the foggy and windy area of South San Francisco. What a shock it must have been the first summer in Phoenix...
  5. John999R

White Egret

Here is a "lucky" photo I took of a White Egret preparing to land in a large tree a couple miles from where I live. Actually, the tree is a well-known nesting spot for both White Egrets and Great Blue Herons. I would estimate there are about 15 nesting pairs and the tree is located in a large...
  6. John999R

John from Northern California

Hello everybody, I didn't want to poach onto a regional website, but photography is universal in my book! My experience with the hobby was virtually non-existent until around three years ago I became interested in astrophotography. Prior to that my camera equipment consisted of a Canon point...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back