Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. R

A Royal Celebration

I love this pair of Eagles. Thru all they go thru living on the lower Skagit river delta. Thru harsh winters, taking on other eagles, smaller raptors challenges. They have managed to hold on to there territory and thrive. Because these two work as one, I have never seen so much love and respect...
  2. R

Raven Family

One of the few pairs of Ravens that live in Seattle. They couldn't have picked a better home than the Arboretum. This year the pair surprised me with three youngsters. A hope of building a larger colony in Seattle. R.J
  3. R

Eagle Family

Good day all A very nice surprise from are resident pair that Make the North end of Lake Washington there home. All three of there eaglets made it to fledge and are now enjoying there new found freedom. Mom keeps a watchful eye on them from her perch high above from were I am standing. So...
  4. R

Anna's

I managed to find three Anna's nesting sites this spring. These two were getting ready to fledge and waiting for mom to bring more fuel. As soon as they both were toped off, both resumed there winger sizing. The next morning, I checked on there progress and both had fledged. R.J
  5. R

Great Horned Owl

Nap time for an owl parent. Just above and to the right, two perched. Are two owlets still wearing there down coats R.J
  6. R

Red- Breasted Sapsucker

Pictures crafted with my 5DIV- New EF 100-400 II. I have wanted this lens for a while. Have not been disappointed so far. Arrived at Point Defiance just at Dawn to try out the low light awesomeness of this kit. This little guy was more than happy to help me out. R.J I feel like I am...
  7. R

Rail Moment

A few moments with the Rails In reality? Around two hours waiting for this pair to wake just before sunset. R.J
  8. R

Brown Creeper

Just chilling kind of day R.J
  9. R

Coopers Hawk

A nice encounter with M.R Cooper R.J Also, while at Magnuson on Wednesday. First Osprey encounter of the season. A male waiting for his mate to return.
  10. R

Marsh Wren

This guy was in a wooded glen with very little ambient light. R.J
  11. R

Rails

Its great to see Virginia Rails back. A sure sign of Spring. There is a saying that rails are shy birds. I find the birds are cautious and hard to see in the marsh grass. Like most birds, If you just wait. you will be rewarded. R.J
  12. R

Great Blue Herons

Early spring mating, nest building at the Blue heron rookery in north Everett. You would never guess these grumpy birds could be so loving and graceful. R.J
  13. R

Juanita Bay

Yesterday. A few pictures from Juanita Bay. Not often you see a downy, sapsucker. and a rail. all in one day. R.J A short trip that Started at Magnuson with a slightly disappointing sunrise . Juanita Bay and the Everett water front at the Heron rookery.
  14. R

Spring 2021

The 2020-2021 winter bird season has ended and spring seems to have arrived with a bang. All the local birds from eagles to herons. have gone into mating and nesting mode. In the last week. I have seen my first Sapsuckers and Rails. to eagles shift into there spring mating rituals. The weather...
  15. R

Snow Geese

I arrived in the Skagit west of Conway on a very frosty Friday morning. When I was setting up, I could hear the geese on Port Susan Bay already active and ready to take flight. You can just tell, that it was time to make the trip back to there summer home. It just take one to go and they all...
  16. R

Northern Pintails

Good Day The Everett waterfront, just north of the boat launch is where I go to watch pintails. Also, there is a Blue Heron rookery located at the boat launch. R.J
  17. R

Kinglet Golden-Crowned

Good Morning Kinglet playing peek-boo in the trees. R.J
  18. R

Ring-Necked Duck

This little guy was very curious and just Chilin. I feel this 2020-2021 Winter bird season has been one of the best and productive seasons for Me in the last Decade. November thru January was so nice. The usually cold and dark Skagit Valley, was awesome this year. Anyone else have a...
  19. R

Pine Ridge Trail

There's not much of the temperate rain forest left in western Washington. If you have never visited Mount Erie and the spectacular vistas from the top. There is also a trail system thru these beautiful forests. The Pine Ridge Trail will take you to the west side of Harts lake. A place of beauty...
  20. R

Raven

In the Skagit west of Conway. A rainy, blustery morning in the Skagit Valley. R.J
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back