Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. ejones

Taylor

Thanks... background was simply the concrete from the railroad overpass we were shooting under.
  2. ejones

The dog

thanks... I just used the house lighting. Shot in raw and used the white on her head to white balance in Adobe Camera Raw. Pretty simple.
  3. ejones

The dog

Catch them during their sleeping time of the day :)
  4. ejones

The dog

Not to thrilled by the look on her face Exposure Time = 1/30 second F-Stop {0x829D} = 56/10 ===> ƒ/5.6 ISO Speed Ratings = 4000 Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/30 Focal Length = 300/1 mm ===> 300 mm
  5. ejones

Chevrolet Equinox at sunset

It would really help if you could swing that gate out of the way too. As it is it does point towards the subject and I think that helps.
  6. ejones

I think the flare works well here. I question the amount of dead space behind the subject though. However, cutting it out eliminates the sun and then that kind of kills the impact of the flare for some reason. Maybe back he car up ???
  7. ejones

My Little Town

How's this for studio space? I believe this is the original court house building.
  8. ejones

The old town clock

This ones at a cross walk so no parked cars :)
  9. ejones

My Little Town

The "Poem" is a Paul Simon song.
  10. ejones

My Little Town

Visit old towns and you find old buildings :) I passed thru Oakville WA on Thursday and there's several there. I just didn't have the time to stop.
  11. ejones

The old town clock

Yup.......
  12. ejones

My Little Town

Thanks Bill...40 years ago the building looked old and run down, still does today and I don't think it's been painted in all that time either.
  13. ejones

My Little Town

Mt. Vernon WA. Had lunch there yesterday with an old friend from high school that I hadn't seen in more years than I'll admit to.
  14. ejones

The old town clock

From the town I grew up in.
  15. ejones

My Little Town

In my little town I grew up believ--ing God keeps his eye on us all And he used to lean upon me As I pledged allegiance to the wall Lord I recall My little town Coming home after school Flying my bike past the gates Of the factories My mom doing the laundry Hanging our shirts In the dirty...
  16. ejones

With so many different window glass angles it's difficult to get the CP just right. I spend a few seconds, maybe even a minute or more, to study the different effects at different settings before I settle on one.
  17. ejones

The blending is good as is the angle of the car and turn of the front wheel which gives the car a power look. Turning the wheel the other direction would leave a big hole in the back end of the wheel well. I'd like to see a polarizer used to cut the glare/reflections on the glass, some dodging...
  18. ejones

Jonathan Livingston

Somehow I knew I'd open this thread and find a photo of a gull :)
  19. ejones

Kitty

Thanks... He's just visiting my place for a couple of days. Not sure I'll get anymore since he hides a lot and then attacks anything that's moving or looking at him.
  20. ejones

Kitty

If you knew this critter there would be no doubt in your mind that the "Wildlife" section is where this belongs :rolleyes: Taken with natural light from a south facing window at noon, hand held, iso 800, 1/25th, f-3.2 using a Canon 100mm 2.8 lens.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back