Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. J

New Camera

Bob, Thank you for your comment. Talk about hitting it right on the head, the ducks were the first pictures I shoot with the new camera. They are throw away shots. No more watermarks. I like the idea of people taking them as free samples. Thank you,
  2. J

New Camera

Enought Said Ok, I think I've got the message, no more full face watermarks. Of course the concern is copyright, and people choosing to download and not pay for the pictures. It's not fair to all of the forum members who I have asked for opinions. Oh by the way, I do love the 5D2 just like I...
  3. J

New Camera

Yesterday I got a new camera. Took the big leap and got the Canon 5D MKII. I didn't have time to play much with it yesterday. This morning I went to my local haunt, Denman Wildlife Reserve, and shot some ducks. What do you think. BTW 400mm f/5.6L that I've had for a while.
  4. J

juvenile western grebe

Nice Capture I enjoy capturing Griebs. Very nice shot, and recovery.
  5. J

Obligatory Gold Hill Shot

Backwards Eagle The one posted earlier has his coat on right, The one with the blue sky is the same bird, a touch wider. A couple of weeks later the one with the washed out sky must have put his coat on backwards. Thanks for all the notes, I need to get back there soon. It's a great place...
  6. J

Thanks Thanks everyone. It will take me some time to get used to the HDR process. I think it will become a valuable part of my kit. The bridge is an experiment. The easy way of fixing the sky is to take the Lightroom ND mask and under expose the sky. The bird; taking birds, which I love...
  7. J

Goshen's hidden Jewel

It looks like an old church from the 20's or 30's. I love old buildings, I might just get up there myself. Scary, I don't think so, it probably has a wonderful and rich history. (At least I can think that so the goblins don't get me.)
  8. J

More Pictures Falling under the category of, if you can't beat them, join them. An HDR version of the bridge. Sorry about the Photomatix watermark, still trying it out. I kind of like it. Christena thank you for asking. Here is one of the first images I have ever entered in competition. The...
  9. J

Hi, Ran into a couple of PNW members last night and was reminded that people won't know who you are unless you stop lurking and start posting, so, here is an interesting shot. Interesting because if you live in the Medford area you have to make a picture of this bridge in Gold Hill. It is...
  10. J

Oregon Photographer Intros

Hi, I'm Jim, also from So. Oregon. I too love taking nature, animals and anything that catches the eye. I also have some shots on stock agencies, so I get a rest from the critters and nature every once in a while, and can hardly wait to get back from shooting very boring stock.
  11. J

Hello Oregon

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I notice people place photos out there, kinda obvious for a photo forum. Anyhow, I moved here in April this year from Wisconsin. So let's see if I have a few local shots I can share with you. Natural Bridge along HWY 62, Rogue River Wood House at Sunset, HWY...
  12. J

Favorite Sunsets at Fish Lake

Wonderful captures. Hard to believe that's right next door.
  13. J

Greetings from another Newbie

Hi All, I've discovered your forum and it feels great to be with folks that understand the Pacific Northwest. Within the last year my wife and I moved here after 18 years of company imposed exile in Wisconsin. I retired from the company and the snow shovel. I'm looking forward to talking...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back