Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. timmo

a flicker cleaning house

These are great! Especially I like how his eyes are closed in the third one.
  2. timmo

My new neighbor

I'm always appalled by the jokes made about taking the life of such a wonderful and beautiful creature.
  3. timmo

More Kayaking

Thanks everyone! I think 3 and 5 are my favorite too. I'm having trouble deciding now if I like to shoot silky waterfalls or frozen glassy ones more.
  4. timmo

More Kayaking

Waaaay back in March I posted a few pictures of kayaking with my old point and shoot, before I even had a proper camera. Now I have a nicer camera and for Christmas I got a nice dry bag to carry it inside my kayak. Here are a few of the results. Feel free to critique please! Wind River, WA...
  5. timmo

Mike's picks for favorites of 2011

These are great! The panorama is fantastic and I love the way the colors of the landscape really change.
  6. timmo

Steve's Top 11 of 2011

Those all have great atmosphere! Especially the storm. I also really like the hairpin turn.
  7. timmo

Repossess

Number 1 has some potential, but focus seems off, and he seems kind of bored because he's tuning rather than playing his heart out. I think the second one is by far the best shot. Focus and color are great, and everyone is engaged. The third one could go either way, I wish the focus was on the...
  8. timmo

Northern California

Thank you! It was one of those great moments where all I had to do was walk up and take a picture. Surreal coastal lighting! Thanks! Both were taken with the same lens (24mm) and F-stop (11). I'm so boring! Thanks so much! As it was almost dark I was the only person there by this point, but...
  9. timmo

Northern California

I was near San Francisco for work and had a few spare moments to enjoy the area. Any comments are welcome, and thanks for looking! Golden Gate Bridge: Footsteps going nowhere:
  10. timmo

EMD F9 #7012A Startup instructional video

I would say first of all, the location itself presents a lot of difficulties in pulling off a video the lighting inside a train is clearly difficult and capturing clear audio is even more so especially once the train is going. But given your listed equipment you did what you could and I'm sure...
  11. timmo

by the light of the silvery moon....

Absolutely fantastic! And a really amazing looking place as well.
  12. timmo

Mother's Day at Nisqually

Wow! Nothing else I can really say. Thanks!
  13. timmo

The Dreaming Hill

Thanks everyone!
  14. timmo

Common Yellowthroat

Great! Love the first one especially.
  15. timmo

The Dreaming Hill

Thinking very much of this thread when I visited Seattle over the weekend, I made this picture at Gas Works Park. Of course you can't really tell it is at Gas Works perhaps, but well, everyone has shot the structures (hey, even my girlfriend has a picture of the park in some guidebook) and...
  16. timmo

Gho chick and Eagle

Love the owl, what a pose!
  17. timmo

Swimming at the Needle

Great way to take advantage of the situation, for sure.
  18. timmo

Abandoned...

Wonderful find! I think perhaps I agree a bit with Hoedadkid, not that the foreground is too dark, but in the sense that the background is quite bright and draws my eyes away from the subject. It is certainly a tough thing to balance, as I feel if that "structure" was well lit it wouldn't have...
  19. timmo

Not as Much Work Required...

Very interesting find!
  20. timmo

Abandoned Building shoot

I think I like #1 the best perhaps because I'm a sucker for glasses, but especially the model works with the location more than usual. It was very nice of you to share a behind-the-scenes, it is very informative. Thanks!
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back