12.11.13 Icy Falls in the Gorge

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

I took these yesterday. If you have any photos from the Gorge during this cold snap, post em' up.

Multnomah Falls
7322481_orig.jpg

Horsetail Falls. Cool Formations :cool:
3766326_orig.jpg

3567780_orig.jpg

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love the second and third. The first shot, it's amazing how much the ice has piled up on the bottom of the falls.

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great shots. I lived in Portland for a while as a kid and have fond memories of drives down the Gorge. At one time my grandfather owned the "town" of Bridal Veil and half the falls.

Thanks for the comments everybody.

Interesting to know that about your grandfather, Bill.

Nice photos Janice! I was just on your Flickr, looks like they changed up the viewing lay out again.

Chad

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great photos everyone.

Interesting to know that about your grandfather, Bill.
Chad

My grandfather bought and resold old sawmill machinery. His equipment lot was on Columbia Blvd. across from the NABISCO plant. Sometime in the late 50's or early 60's he bought an old lumber mill located at Bridal Veil. The property included the town and half the falls.

Edit: My grandfather sold his company and retired in the late 60's or early 70's. Apparently the company is still in business.

http://www.machinerysales.com/index.php

http://www.machinerysales.com/history.php

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com