2018 Nikon Speedlights Campaign

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

It's always hard to keep a secret — especially when those secrets are really exciting photography projects.

As we all know, sometimes it can be hard to keep a secret. For photographers, if we're lucky, those secrets are campaigns that we have had the privilege of working on, but which haven't quite been released by the client.

It's really exciting to share that Nikon USA has unveiled a new microsite for their Speedlights. The site includes a video that features me using Nikon Speedlights, as well as sample images from the shoot and lighting diagrams showing how we made the images. The site also includes new photography by the likes of Joe McNally, Dave Black, and Dave Tejada — guys who I've looked up to in the photography world and who are known for their use of lighting and off-camera flash — which makes this project even more special to be a part of.

You can see the video at the top of the page:

In addition, the photos are used for a brand new brochure for Nikon Speedlights. It was really a thrill to get a stack of these from Nikon and see the images printed on thick, glossy paper.

The brochure includes lighting diagrams for many of the setups we shot, which really simply break down the lighting setups.

Early on when I was shooting music, I can recall doing so many quick shoots with bands and artists backstage before a show. Often, I'd just have a few minutes with the talent, so having everything setup and working flawless was really essential, and using Nikon Speedlights was a huge part of being able to quickly setup lighting and make adjustments on the fly.

Big thank you to the Nikon USA team in Melville, NY for trusting me to be part of this campaign, and shout out to director Roy Dahl and his team for making me look good in front of the camera.

Check out the new Speedlights video and download the brochure for details on the lighting setups above on NikonUSA.com.

My Camera DSLR and Lenses for Concert Photography

/www.ishootshows.com/D750">
Nikon D850:
I use two Nikon D850 for my live music photography. A true do-it-all DSLR with amazing AF, fast response, and no shortage of resolution.
/www.ishootshows.com/nikon-24-70mm">
Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8:
For most gigs, the 24-70mm is my go-to lens. Exceptional image quality at wide apertures and super-functional range.
/www.ishootshows.com/nikon-70-200">
Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR:
A perfect pair to the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, I can basically shoot any job with the midrange and this lens. Superb image quality. /www.ishootshows.com/nikon-14-24mm">
Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8:
Ultra-wide perspective, ridiculously sharp even wide open at f/2.8. I love using this lens up-close and personal, where it excels. More Gear Recommendations
Help Support www.ishootshows.com

If this article or any other content on www.ishootshows.com was helpful to you, please consider supporting this site and grabbing your next photo gear purchase through one of my affiliate links:
Simply clicking through any product links on this site helps me bring you free content like the photography tips and gear reviews regularly posted on www.ishootshows.com, and naturally it doesn't cost you a cent more.
The post 2018 Nikon Speedlights Campaign appeared first on ishootshows.com.

Continue reading...

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com