80d vs 77d

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

John999R

I've been thinking about upgrading from my Rebel T4i to something newer. I'm a novice user and the camera will be for general photography, mostly outdoor daytime stuff and I would like to pursue wildlife photography mainly.

From a technical standpoint, what I have read is both cameras are essentially the same and in terms of the resulting photos produced. So, when all things being "equal" then price makes the difference. In view of that, unless there are some compelling reason not to, I have been leaning towards the 77d. It is a year newer than the 80d and has been described as more of an upgraded Rebel than being part of the "D" series of Canon bodies, but aside from more subtle differences, the 77d is $250 cheaper through the 42nd store in NY. I learned 42nd St internet offerings are even less expensive, but they are none USA models.

Just throwing this out there for any comments. I put aside any interest in a full frame camera for now, that will be down the road and I've been eyeballing mirrorless just to keep them in the loop.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back