A couple from Malheur NWR

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Nice stuff, these and the heron/snake from Ridgefield, Bill! Count me as jealous of the yellow-headed blackbirds, one of my nemesis birds!

Dave

i'm with Dave... only seen a yellow-headed blackbird once, and he was too far away to get a decent shot of... :( looks like you had a pretty good day!

Beautiful shots. The feeling of depth in the owl photo is very powerful. All of the colors, light and shadow feels like being there.

Glad to see the yellow headed blackbirds back in the area. Plenty at the park here in Ontario during the summer if anyone heads this way, I can show them to you. Haven't seen them here yet, usually mid summer. Great Owl shot.

Nice stuff, these and the heron/snake from Ridgefield, Bill! Count me as jealous of the yellow-headed blackbirds, one of my nemesis birds!

Dave

Thanks Dave. I know how you feel about the yellow heads. These are my first decent shots of em. I feel the same way about the Wood duck.

Beautiful shots. The feeling of depth in the owl photo is very powerful. All of the colors, light and shadow feels like being there.

Glad to see the yellow headed blackbirds back in the area. Plenty at the park here in Ontario during the summer if anyone heads this way, I can show them to you. Haven't seen them here yet, usually mid summer. Great Owl shot.

Thanks for the nice words. May have to take you up on that sometime Judy, I really enjoy the colors of these birds.

I've never seen a yellow headed blackbird. I wonder if it is true blondes have more fun :)

I would love to have an owl shot that wonderful.

BEAUTIFULLY captured.

Yellow headed black birds are very common where I came from (California desert along the Mojave River). They would literally(!) eat out of your hands like the seagulls at the college campus. I have photos in fact. What I found weird is I have not yet seen a single one in my three years here in WA, outside of the shots I have seen at this site. I am thinking they aren't as comfortable with people as the ones I knew back home to be. ;)

That owl shot is just amaaaaaazing.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back