A few birds from a walk in Port Angeles yesterday

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BrianH

I had to go to the big city yesterday to drop off the dog at the vet and meet Ernst so I had the chance to walk around and take a few shots. Nice to meet ya Ernst!:D

Here are a few

DSC03044aa.gif

male and female Mallard

DSC03073aa.gif

Larry, Moe and Curly the Canadian Geese

DSC03087aa.gif

Cedar waxwing

I realize Canada is just a short flight away, but unless you checked passports how do you know Larry Moe and Curly are Candian???? (just yanking yore chain a bit but 1 of these things is a Canada goose. Two or more are Canada geese - nothing Canadian about them unless they were born north of the border).

How to know if a goose is Canadian...

A Canadian goose will go "honk, honk, eh!"

Sorry, you started it! :);)

I also heard that true canadian geese wear tuques.

Ka-kookookoo Ka-kookooKOO

hehehe

Seriously now: I have only seen Waxwings in person once and that was during a walk one day the first spring I lived here (2008). Do they pass through here very quickly during migration?

I also heard that true canadian geese wear tuques.

Ka-kookookoo Ka-kookooKOO

hehehe

Seriously now: I have only seen Waxwings in person once and that was during a walk one day the first spring I lived here (2008). Do they pass through here very quickly during migration?

they are here all the time or so the books say , This was my first time seeing one also. He frist appeared right in front of me on a tree with a winter berry in his beak, I found the berry bush and then waited to see him come back and he went to this tree........I got 2 in focus shots out of 4. windy day and he was really buried in the tree LOL..........I waited about 30 minutes

DSC03085aa.gif

Darn leaf!

I like that one even better than the first (leaf or not). Congrats on both seeing AND in capturing him.

OKay...I now officially hate Waxwings.

The day after I posted this I noticed one in our 40 foot cherry tree. Then I noticed two. Then three. Then I noticed over the next few days all those bright red cherries that won't be ripe for human consumption until they turn black, disappearing and being replaced by cherry pits on sticks!!! I wouldn't mind if they kept to the cherries that we can't reach but they are greedy little guys and taking them all.

grrrrrrr

OKay...I now officially hate Waxwings.

The day after I posted this I noticed one in our 40 foot cherry tree. Then I noticed two. Then three. Then I noticed over the next few days all those bright red cherries that won't be ripe for human consumption until they turn black, disappearing and being replaced by cherry pits on sticks!!! I wouldn't mind if they kept to the cherries that we can't reach but they are greedy little guys and taking them all.

grrrrrrr

So where are the pictures? gotta get something out of this right?

It has been so overcast this week that even with the 200m F2.8 on my camera at 400 iso, I am shooting them at shutter speeds of 60 - 125. My 300mm lens is an F5.6 and worthless at 400 iso.

Got a few though that I will post today. But it is disheartening that they are eating all the cherries AND I don't have decent sunlight to photograph them in.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back