A few of ksimmons' faves

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

ksimmons

Well, I suppose I'll jump on the bandwagon and share a few of my 2010 faves, too. I've only been at this seriously for about a year. By seriously, I mean that before Christmas '09, all I had was a little 5 mp Nikon L3 Coolpix pocket camera. I used it just now and then, not enough to even have called it a hobby. Then, a year ago Christmas, I got a 12 mp Nikon P90 Coolpix superzoom. Over the last year, I've taken that camera quite a few places and gotten some decent pics out of it. The first four of these below were taken with it, the last one was taken with a Sony Cybershot pocket camera. Local tone mapping did a lot for that photo. Anyway, these are five of my favorite captures this last year (resizing for this post diminished their quality a bit). It won't be long before I upgrade to a DSLR, then I hope to step things up a notch or two. While I've got the podium, I'd just like to say that I appreciate this forum very much. I've learned quite a bit from the threads and I really like the local feel to it. Happy New Year to everybody. --ksimmons

Last edited:
Love the eagle carying the nest - guess you could call it touring the country with a "travel trailer."

Love the eagle carying the nest - guess you could call it touring the country with a "travel trailer."

The eagle stole that nest from a couple of crows, and they gave chase, so there may have been eggs or chicks in there. Pretty brutal.

Last edited:
All great shots. The eagle is an amazing capture. Nature can be brutal. Either there were eggs there or he may have stolen the nesting material. They are not the most ethical birds.

All great shots. The eagle is an amazing capture. Nature can be brutal. Either there were eggs there or he may have stolen the nesting material. They are not the most ethical birds.

Weird that something that isn't ethical is our national symbol...hmmmmmmmm LOL!!!

All great shots!! Favs, the dogs are great, really comical and the last shot...awesome lighting.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back