A night at Stonehenge, The Stonehenge Memorial in Washington.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
Went out with friends to the Stonehenge Memorial in Maryhill Washington for an evening of star shooting. Dedicated to the heroes of Klickitat County who gave their lives during WWI. Read more about it here --- About the Memorial

Just a few photos of the cloudless night.

Henged.jpg

Stonehenge and Hood.jpg

Stonehenge 2.jpg

Stonehenge.jpg

Looking northeast towards the wind farms. In the distance you can see the smoke from the wildfire near Goldendale.

starry stary night.jpg

Last edited:
One More.
Milky bow 2l.jpg

And when we were through we visited the Locust Grove Church in Wasco County.
chapel.jpg

Janice,

These shots are STUNNING! I especially love the "and one more" shot with the whole Stonehenge. The viewer can almost feel the mysticism as if it were the original Stonehenge. I hope you are marketing these shots because they should make you at least a few bucks!

Janice,

These shots are STUNNING! I especially love the "and one more" shot with the whole Stonehenge. The viewer can almost feel the mysticism as if it were the original Stonehenge. I hope you are marketing these shots because they should make you at least a few bucks!

Aw, thank you. I'd like to market them since my full time job is turning part time. I haven't figured out how to market my shots to get enough views. I can go shooting with somebody and catch nearly the same shot , I'll get a few views and likes and he'll get hundreds. Can't sell them if nobody looks at them.

Aw, thank you. I'd like to market them since my full time job is turning part time. I haven't figured out how to market my shots to get enough views. I can go shooting with somebody and catch nearly the same shot , I'll get a few views and likes and he'll get hundreds. Can't sell them if nobody looks at them.

Janice, you have an incredible gift and you really need to promote you and stop comparing your shots to the other photographer. Your shots stand out on their own with your personal take on them. You could line up 50 photographers with the same subject, same lighting and same technique and you would get 50 different versions of the same scene. All 50 photographers will have good shots but each will have something a little different to offer and that is the beauty of our craft. Let YOU stand out and share your version because what you have is a gift and that gift is different from that of your friend.

(Steps off soap box and the lights are dimmed...)

Its not a matter of comparing my work. Its how do I get people to look at it. If they don't see me they won't buy it.

I put put my work out on the net and it just sits there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Do you have a local online "newspaper" where you can start sending in your photos just to get your name and photos "out there?" As an example, here is my local online newspaper: http://myedmondsnews.com/category/photos/

Another idea would be to exhibit at charity events such as a church rummage sale or art walk.

Do you have a local online "newspaper" where you can start sending in your photos just to get your name and photos "out there?" As an example, here is my local online newspaper: http://myedmondsnews.com/category/photos/

Another idea would be to exhibit at charity events such as a church rummage sale or art walk.

You can also send them in to local news channels online. KOMO in Seattle does a bit with the weather forecast with viewer submitted photos. I am sure the others do too but that is my main news channel. Contact small local businesses and cafes. They usually let local "artists" exhibit work for patrons to enjoy.

Thanks for the tips guys. I have sent things to the Oregonian and to my local TV news but they don't seem to generate much activity and I enter contests that support my favorite causes. How many of you have sales generated from such things.

But for attending rummage sales, art walks and festivals I have to be available to work on weekends if necessary and frankly building an inventory of photos for events requires more cash than I have :( I may start up web marketing again. will have to see. Something tells me this will always be a struggle.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back