A quiet refuge in the city.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are fortunate to find peaceful places minutes from downtown PDX. The Japanese Garden is beautiful during any season.

This is a favorite tree in the autumn but is special in the summer too.
1589055073426.png

And there is so much more.
1589055083772.png

1589055091096.png

1589055097951.png

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW These are in Portland? I have loved your photos of that tree but couldn't recall the falls. I will remember them now. Stunning.

Great shots Janice. I love this garden too. The only thing I don't like about the Japanese Gardens is the photography restrictictions, i.e.... pay for the use of tripod, no portrait photography allowed, must pay pro photographer's fee for comercial use of any photo taken. Although I do have photos of my wife taken there. What? I can't help it she stepped into my shot.

I agree about the restrictions and the fees. Although, I do have a membership because I visit often and while I have not taken advantage of it I do like the idea of member only hours. I had a hard time shooting on the weekend without people stepping into my shots. I'll probably consider taking advantage of those hours.

Well, you are certainly right about that, (waiting for people to clear the shot). I've done this so many times, waiting patiently, then as they move on someone else steps in.

I didn't know about member only hours. That sure would make membership appealing.

Yes, they have member only hours and special photographer member only hours. They also have a special moonlight evening admission sometime in the fall. Other added perks a discount for select products and services at pro-photo, and featuring of your photos on their website and a link to your web page. I'm not pro and don't have a web presence or I would definitely use that benefit as well. But it is still spendy.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back