Alert: Trnwr thread has disappeared from the forum

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

I just updated "The Big Year: TRNWR" Thread last night. I added some comments and four new photos. As of tonight, the thread appears to no longer exist in the forum. It's gone, I tried looking for it in search, nothing. This was a thread pertaining to the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge, reports and photos that I had compiled over the past three years. Several dozen photos, 6+ pages, 5550+ views, the thread has vanished.

Not the first time threads have disappeared from pnwphotos.com, probably not the last time, either. I've been posting here for about three years now. In the past I have PM'd or messaged the moderators with the site about a handful of issues that crop up from time to time, whether it's to inform them about current spam attacks or disappearing threads, I have never had a reply. Moderators?

Chad

Last edited:
Yesterday I was looking at your most recent updates. My friend Terry started a thread that disappeared as well.

I know of other members' threads that have disappeared as well. Why is this happening? These photographers comprise of the most active contributors to the forum...

Chad

Last edited:
As far as the replies to the questions, I usually refer those to BobH. I have a simple function of maintaining spam and blog posts to the page for the enjoyment of the members not having to page through extra posts that bring no value or conversation to the page. Unless there is a way that spammers can attach to individual posts, my work should have no effect on the other posts. I will check and see if it is a possibility that posts before or after the spam are affected at all, but I haven't noticed that as the source of the problem. Anything more technical has to go through "the boss". Try another pm to BobH and let him know that you would like to verify his receipt of the message. I would love to help more but migraines and source code are a BAD mix.

This is a real mystery to me. It is, indeed, gone. There is no reason for that, it was definitely not done intentionally.

Arline does a lot of moderation, so I checked the moderator logs. Conceivably, she could have clicked on the wrong thread, I know I have done that. The logs do not show anything of that sort. She works very hard moderating the blog posts, and killing off the spammy ones, which is a lot of them. I went all the way back to March. I think she killed off ONE thread that wasn't a blog post. Something about a Grays Harbor Festival, not sure why, but I trust her judgement, and besides, it's not the big one that's missing.

Does anyone know, for certain, who started the thread? I killed off some spammers a while back and the timeframe could be about right. Could I have mistakenly gotten a valid member and removed their posts too?

If you know who created it, please let me know. It's possible they deleted it.

Last edited:
What's his actual user name? Is it "Chad"

The forum doesn't show any members named Chad. Beginning to think maybe I deleted his account as a spammer by mistake? (insert profanity of your choice here...)

Oh, wait, Chad is "photographmemories". Ok, so he's still here.

Were you the original poster Chad? I'm going to guess that since you're asking about the thread, you didn't delete it for some reason, correct?

Not having much luck with finding an answer here.

Yes Bob, I'm the OP of the TRNWR thread. I did not delete it. The thread disappeared on 6.4.15.

One thing I noticed on that day was that you logged in and had commented on, I think one of Bill's threads. I remember thinking that it had been a while since I had seen you post here. I know you are probably pretty busy these days. When I saw the thread missing from the recent post list I went searching for it and found nothing. I was thinking maybe perhaps you might have been doing some cleaning and accidentally deleted it. Is there some way to restore the threads that sometimes accidentally get deleted?

Chad

Last edited:
Yes Bob, I'm the OP of the TRNWR thread. I did not delete it. The thread disappeared on 6.4.15.

One thing I noticed on that day was that you logged in and had commented on, I think one of Bill's threads. I remember thinking that it had been a while since I had seen you post here. I know you are probably pretty busy these days. When I saw the thread missing from the recent post list I went searching for it and found nothing. I was thinking maybe perhaps you might have been doing some cleaning and accidentally deleted it. Is there some way to restore the threads that sometimes accidentally get deleted?

Chad

Well, if you noticed I was logged in that day and messing around, then that's most likely what happened then. It's definitely the most logical explanation. My sincere apologies for that.

There's two things I don't understand.
1) Why would I delete it? Must have been tired and thought it was spam, I don't know...
2) Why doesn't it show up in the moderator's log? That's what really puzzles me.

Unfortunately, there's no way to recover a thread that's been deleted using a "hard" delete. Again, my apologies for this error.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back