Annie Leibovitz and Robert Mapplethorpe at my studio

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Scottpix

There will be an art show in my studio this Friday (one evening only). Original photos by Robert Mapplethorpe and Annie Leibovitz will be the headliners at the GSBA Art Preview. It is free and open to the public. Feel free to come if you want.

Art Preview for the Taste of GSBA Auction
Friday, November 5, *5:30-7:00pm
Scott Aitken Photo Studio:
1605 Boylston, #310
Seattle, WA 98122

(1) Sigourney Weaver, by Annie Leibovitz
1998, 16 x 20 gelatin silver print, numbered and signed.
Originally this piece was purchased directly from the Studios of Anne Leibovitz in 1998, after the photo ran in Vanity Fair Magazine. It was specially printed for the buyer, hand signed and numbered by Leibovitz.

(2) Patti Smith, by Robert Mapplethorpe
1986, 20 x 24 gelatin silver print, numbered and signed. Only ten were created by Mapplethorpe.

Both photographs were purchased thru G.Gibson Galleries in Seattle. They are a well-known and extremely reputable photographic gallery and can verify authenticity. These photos have been appraised for value.

There will be about 30 other art pieces in the show, most but not all photographs.

This show is actually a preview. The art will be sold at an auction on November 13th. The auction is the primary fundraiser for the Greater Seattle Business Association (GSBA) Scholarship fund. The GSBA scholarship program provides scholarships to disadvantaged lesbian, gay, and bisexual college students. They work in conjunction with the Pride Foundation. It is the most successful such scholarship fund in the country.

Scott Aitken Photography
www.scottpix.com

Wish I could join you Scott, but living in Port Angeleeees and being quite busy at the studio right now I can't make it. As a Collector of BW Fine Art Images it's always of interest to see what's out there. I use to visit the G Gibson Gallery alot when it was located in downtown, also the Silver Image Gallery years ago and Equivalence. Yen Lui use to have a very nice gallery at his main studio at one time.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back