Birds of Edmonds, WA. 2019

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
New year, new thread.

Monday afternoon (1-7-19) was bright and sunny, so Daren and I went to the marsh after the Save Our Marsh meeting was adjourned.

IMG_0001.jpg

The only photogenic birds I saw were a few herons. One was in the grass fairly close to the boardwalk. I was surprised that it did not fly off as we walked past.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
The carcass of a dead coot was lying between the board walk and the fence for the doggie daycare. I seldom see coots at the marsh and when I do, they are swimming in the creek on the far south side. How the coot died and how the carcass got where it is remains a mystery.

IMG_0002.jpg

I could find no evidence of it being dismantled and eaten by a predator.

IMG_0001.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
I went to Sprague Pond in Lynnwood's Mini Park around noon Wednesday (1-9-19) while my son was working out at the gym. I used my pickup as a blind due to the proximity of the ducks and my reluctance to get cold and wet in the rain and wind.

The iridescent feathers of two male buffleheads shown through even in the overcast.

IMG_0001.jpg

A flock of American wigeons flew over from the far side. I think its the same flock I have been photographing this winter.

IMG_0002.jpg

Once again, no Eurasian or storm wigeons. :(

IMG_0003.jpg

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com