Blue Heron at Nisqually NWR

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
Played around for a few minutes yesterday so Deb could try out her new 70-300. Stopped at the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge and this Blue Heron was kind enough to pose for us, and let me get closer than they usually allow.

View attachment 1827

View attachment 1828

View attachment 1829

He patiently stood by the path, letting lots of folks snap photos, only flying away after a little girl wearing bright pink got within about 10 feet of him. Amazingly un-afraid of people, really cool.

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
These are such beautiful birds. I've yet to get a decent capture of them. Maybe oneday I'll get one as nice as these.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com