Brazil 2018 Wildlife & Scenery

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

Here's the second part of my Brazil experience this year, featuring the non-bird life. It was a pretty spectacular trip. Our visit to the Amazon yielded a lot of great mammal sightings, including one of the rarest finds of my career and several primates. In all, we saw eleven different monkey species on this trip, which in bonkers. The Pantanal once again came through with lots of jaguar sightings. I'll be leading this trip again in 2020 if you want to join me.

See the full gallery of wildlife photos here. A short preview is below.

South American tapir, seen along the river just before we arrived at our lodge in the Amazon.
tapirsouthamerican0718brazil20.jpg

Giant armadillo, one of the most elusive large mammals in South America, if not the entire world.
armadillogiant0718brazil62.jpg

Neotropical river otter
otterneotropicalriver0718brazil31.jpg

Southern tamandua
tamanduasouthern0718brazil36.jpg

Black-tailed marmoset
marmosetblacktailed0718brazil23.jpg

Capybaras at sunrise in the Pantanal
capybara0818brazil96.jpg

Giant otter chasing fish
ottergiant0818brazil26.jpg

Jaguars!
jaguar0818brazil418-1.jpg

jaguar0818brazil215.jpg

jaguar0818brazil164.jpg

Check out the full Brazil 2018 Wildlife & Scenery gallery here.

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back