Brazil Birds 2018

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

Apparently I forgot to share some of my images from my July/August Brazil trip.

This was my first time leading a tour in Brazil after scouting it last year. My group and I started out in the southern Amazon before moving on the Pantanal in western Brazil. Both areas were excellent for bird sightings. This was a general wildlife photography tour, but we still counted over 175 avian species during the trip. Several of these were new for me.

I published a full gallery of bird photos from the trip here. Here's a short preview.

Blue-and-yellow macaw, one of seven(!) macaw species we saw.
macawblueandyellow0718brazil19.jpg

Rufous hornero, which is a type of ovenbird (so-called because of their nests).
hornerorufous0818brazil7.jpg

Muscovy duck
duckmuscovy0718brazil3.jpg

Crested owl, one of six owl species we saw (a record for me on a trip)
owlcrested0718brazil3.jpg

Snowy egret
egretsnowy0718brazil21.jpg

Tropical kingbird catching insects one morning in the Pantanal
kingbirdtropical0818brazil3.jpg

Black-legged parrots
parrotblacklegged0718brazil23.jpg

King vultures
vultureking0718brazil5.jpg

Guira cuckoos
cuckooguira0818brazil16.jpg

View the full Brazil 2018 Birds gallery here.

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back