Camera body Rental

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

uglytuna

Hi
My Name is Dale and I am new to this forum and I am reaching out to anyone that can help me I was wondering if there was anyone out there that would be interested in renting out a Canon 1div I have a 5DmkII but I am going on a trip and photographing pro motorcycle races in mid August I could really use the 10 fps and I know about Glaziers and Borrow lenses websites but I was hoping to find someone that mite be willing to rent one for cheaper then these places. I am a very responsible adult and know how to use and take care of pro equipment and I am very trust worthy. If you think you mite be interested please private message me and we can talk or meet in person and go over any details. Thank you in advance.

Dale

Dale,

Well, anything is possible, but I'm guessing this one will be a challenge. Even if you do find somebody willing to rent one, they're probably going to want the same rates as Glaziers, or close to it. Their rates are quite reasonable and fair.

If it's only a few days, I'd suggesting reserving the gear at Glaziers soon so you have it when you need it. Borrowlenses also works well, but with Glaziers you can save on the shipping fees.

This really makes me suspicious - a brand new user of this site asking to rent expensive equipment from a private party and according to him he can be trusted??? Just makes me wonder.

BTW -
Mite - any of numerous small free-living or parasitic arachnids of the order Acarina (or Acari ) that can occur in terrestrial or aquatic habitats.
Might - used to express possibility

:)

Thanks for your response and I do understand your being suspicious the reason I came to this forum is because it is local I have been a member of the canon forum for many years and thats not so local. I was on here a few years ago and ran into a gentlemen from Gig Harbor you loaned equipment out for a reasonable fee but I don't know if he is still on here I was hoping he mite see this post and maybe he is still doing that.

Thanks
Dale

Agreed, it's going to be a pretty hard sell, but he's free to ask. Maybe somebody is set up for that sort of thing, has insurance that covers renting gear etc. Or maybe he can provide collateral of some sort, who knows?

At least he's asking early enough to see how it works, and still have time to get one from Borrowlenses.com if it doesn't work out.

I think E has a point though, if you were a bit more of a "known quantity" you might have a better time of it.

Seems that is a pretty tough sell for most people. Stuff happens to even the most responsible people. Companies that rent are more prepared to take that risk. Most people who are pros and can afford to own that camera, losing it could be a big hit, with or without insurance.

Seems that is a pretty tough sell for most people. Stuff happens to even the most responsible people. Companies that rent are more prepared to take that risk. Most people who are pros and can afford to own that camera, losing it could be a big hit, with or without insurance.

I would tend to agree. I'd much rather rent from Borrowlenses.com and have the insurance in place. That way if something does happen, you're covered, and as Janice mentioned, that's the business they're in, so they're prepared for it.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back