Cathy (Catsbow)

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Catsbow

My favorites of 2010. I'm apparently too ignorant to figure out how to make them fit closer to on the screen. I tried resizing....

I'd like to thank all the photographers out there I've met through online sites, such as this. You are all so inspiring and keep me motivated.

Last edited:
Kathy,

Nice photos! A couple are a bit large, but close enough. As long as they upload OK, it's all good...

Meanwhile, I've got to ask! What's up with the eagle shot? How, why, who? In my experience, they don't usually perch on your finger, no matter how nicely you ask.

Also, I honestly don't think I'd get my face that close to an eagle. That's just plain amazing. Look at the size of that beak, one false move on the bird's part, even totally un-intended, and you've got a big problem.

Thanks Bob. The eagle is Freedom and the guy is Jeff Guidry. The eagle was a rescue from when she was young and Jeff has been taking care of her at Sarvey Wildlife http://www.sarveywildlife.org/ Jeff wrote a book about their relationship that was published recently. He went through cancer and she was his saviour. When I was there with them I thought before hand that I might be afraid - but I wasn't. I was so overwhelmed all the fear left. I could see and feel the affection between Freedom and Jeff. Sarvey puts on some education shows with their birds that cannot ever be released because of their injuries.

I get real ignorant sometimes on posting photos. Like the ones that were too big, in Photoshop they say they are smaller than the ones that posted the right size.

Cathy

Thanks Bob. The eagle is Freedom and the guy is Jeff Guidry. The eagle was a rescue from when she was young and Jeff has been taking care of her at Sarvey Wildlife http://www.sarveywildlife.org/ Jeff wrote a book about their relationship that was published recently. He went through cancer and she was his saviour. When I was there with them I thought before hand that I might be afraid - but I wasn't. I was so overwhelmed all the fear left. I could see and feel the affection between Freedom and Jeff. Sarvey puts on some education shows with their birds that cannot ever be released because of their injuries.

I get real ignorant sometimes on posting photos. Like the ones that were too big, in Photoshop they say they are smaller than the ones that posted the right size.

Cathy

That's pretty cool, I've never heard of them. Sounds like they do some great stuf there, glad they're doing it!

I wouldn't be afraid of the eagle, but I would respect it. It could easily harm you without intending to, due to the size of that beak and their claws. However, it sounds like he's been handling her (him?) for a very long time and they're totally comfortable with one another. That's really cool.

While each photo is amazing, my heart stopped with the eagle and Jeff Guidry.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back