Common Goldeneye

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Common Goldeneye at Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden This past Monday. I really lucked out and had an animated, downright daffy duck hamming it up for the camera. I took hundreds of pictures in the nearly 45 minutes it was preening, scratching and dunking itself in the water. It really put a smile on my face, It also made for some great photography. The next day the duck was way the heck out in one of the ponds in some not so nice lighting, sleeping.

Here's some of my favorite photos from last Monday
8053829_orig.jpg

5117559_orig.jpg

8355611_orig.jpg

5665229_orig.jpg

5765951_orig.jpg

7212916_orig.jpg

9651718_orig.jpg

3501051_orig.jpg

7290748_orig.jpg

8978754_orig.jpg

Last edited:
looks like a yearling male... definitely was having a good time, wasn't he? some nice captures here!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back