Costa Rica 2016 Birds

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

I've published another gallery of new photos on my website. This time, I finally caught up on processing images from my Costa Rica trip back in March. This trip covered two different photo tours plus a little time on my own in between. I was there nearly a month.

Due to the amount of images, I've split the trip into two galleries. The first one to go live is the Birds gallery. You may view it here. A short preview is below.

Collared Aracari, a member of the toucan family
aracaricollared0316cr18.jpg

Scarlet macaw
macawscarlet0316cr16.jpg

Northern jacana, which keeps its wings erect just for a moment after every landing.
jacananorthern0316cr1.jpg

Golden-hooded tanager, one of many colorful small birds found in Costa Rica.
tanagergoldenhooded0316cr3.jpg

Ferruginous pygmy owl (also known as Ridgway's pygmy owl in this region), a species that's put on a show the last few times I've led tours here.
owlferruginouspygmy0316cr27.jpg

Black-and-white owl, which I finally had a chance to see and photograph after several years of trying.
owlblackandwhite0316cr4.jpg

View the full Costa Rica 2016 Birds gallery here.

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back