Daring to Be Different

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

dschaecher

Just a couple I shot this past weekend with my new camera. These were taken at dusk in my backyard. I just happened to see this very bright leaf amongst all the other dark ones. I used my pop up flash and this is the result.

interesting that just one leaf would be so bright. i like the first one best, though i'd be tempted to clone out the longest of those two bright twigs...

interesting that just one leaf would be so bright. i like the first one best, though i'd be tempted to clone out the longest of those two bright twigs...

Thanks Rocky. I agree. I like the first one better myself. Right after I posted these I realized that the second one wasn't quite as sharp as far as the bright leaf is concerned. I also found it interesting that the one leaf was brighter than the rest, but hey, who am I to question Mother Nature. :)

I took your advise and cloned out the twig and here is the result:

does look cleaner, though now there's that great huge empty spot there... hmmm... what to do? i think if i were gonna print that one, i might crop it a bit to get rid of some of the empty space. though after a quick pass through ReDynaMix, it's not nearly as empty as it looks at first glance... and there's a lot more color as well!

Last edited:
i took the liberty of tweaking it a bit... here's the result... you might not need to crop it after all! that one leaf doesn't stand out as much, but there's a lot more color overall... a nice tossed autumn salad!

DSC02662a.jpg

Interesting take. I like it but to be honest, it takes away from that one leaf standing out from the rest. That's what I liked the most on this shot. Hmmmm....

yeah, the bright leaf doesn't stand out as much, for sure. i wasn't suggesting you use it, just wanted to see what was lurking there in the shadows! ;)

Thanks Rocky. I appreciate the comments and help. I'll have to play with this one some and see what I can do with it.

I like this a lot. Maybe a little compromise between your last version and Rocky's. Brighten just the dark hole just a tad more, but not too much.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back