Deception Falls

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
took a drive up to Deception Falls this afternoon. it's up in the mountains just a few miles west of Stevens Pass on highway 2, a main cross-state route. it's more a series of cataracts than a waterfall, but still a nice spot to visit and photograph. quite a few people there, but i managed a few decent pix. this is the upper falls. 5D, Tammy 24-135, 3 shots bracketed from 1/2 second nominal at f/16. processed using Photomatix Pro 3.2...

DeceptionFallsHDRsm.jpg

Very nice Rocky!

I've been past there many times, and it's always on the way to catch a train somewhere nearby (like across Deception Creek).

This shot was taken about a 1/2 mile upstream.

original.jpg

i stopped right under the far end of that bridge yesterday while exploring the area... ;)

Nice shots guys, I'll have to check that area out sometime!

Do the railroad location soon. If you wait 'till it snows, you'll need snow shows.

Here's what it looks like in the dead of winter from the "you don't need to cross the creek side".

Love to see the falls in the snow.

original.jpg

Those falls are beautiful. I was thinking Oregon until reading on. Nice to know we have pretty falls here in WA too. :)

Unfortunately, that is way north of me. So for now, post away. I will enjoy them through the eyes of others.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back