Deer Park, WA

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

SteveF

I grew up in Wenatchee, WA, then traveled the world thanks to the Navy. I seem to have dropped the hook in Deer Park, about 20 miles north of Spokane. My hobbies include photography, garden railroading, kayaking and canoing, and bicycling.

I still have my wet darkroom set up, and generally prefer that to digital, as the process is much slower and contemplative. My favorite camera is a Canon mechanical (brass body) F!, that I purchased in 1977. I also use a Mamia C-220, that produces a 2.25 inch negative. For digital, I have a Canon PowerShot S40, that produces only 4 megapixels.

Remember, shoot for the shadows and print for the highlights. Or is it the other way around? :p

kayaking

Hello,
Where do you like to kayak? We have been kayaking for around 10 years and we live near some wonderful lakes here in Ariel, Wa. and prefer them and rivers over the ocean. There is a wonderful place in the sound by Olympia at the mouth of the Nisqually river. There are so many seals that like to come and visit when we kayak there.
Do you take a lot of photos when you go kayaking? I always had a problem trying to get my Nikon out of the dry bag so I finally bought a Canon G9 and that works great when we go out kayaking.
Keep shooting.....
Donna

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back