Digiscoping

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Joemeche

For the past few years, I've been experimenting with and enjoying the results I get from using my smaller digital camera and a spotting scope; hence, digiscoping.

NOFLDigSmC.jpg

Northern Flicker

Sometimes you need just a little more "reach" and this works quite well for me. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
cool.. i would love to have a digiscope! My cousin has one and he showed it to me the last time i was down to visit!

This subject was most cooperative on the Blaine waterfront. Digiscoping the smaller birds is challenging to say the least.

SNBU.JPG
Snow Bunting

Most digiscoped photos I have seen of birds are horrible. Your shots are excellent. While I don't shoot with a digiscope, those who do may appreciate any tips and techniques you would care to pass along.

cool.. i would love to have a digiscope! My cousin has one and he showed it to me the last time i was down to visit!
My set up is a separate camera and a scope, not a one-piece "digiscope" necessarily.
Although, some manufacturers are incorporating the two, as we expected they would.

Most digiscoped photos I have seen of birds are horrible. Your shots are excellent. While I don't shoot with a digiscope, those who do may appreciate any tips and techniques you would care to pass along.
Thanks, Bill.
I'll be offering a digiscoping class/field trip through North Cascades Audubon sometime this spring and the main tip I'll pass along is to practice!
There are a few 'techniques' that make it all work better but good light is the key ingredient.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back