Dog Agility, Salem Oregon

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had an experience unique to me . . . an arena THAT WASN'T DARK! Yet, I continue to whine about the lighting. In this case it was covered but all four walls were open someplace. So I was fighting mixed lighting and complaining all the time. Just can't please me. Poor Nina, she just can't make me happy. :D

Here are some of my favorites.
This guy hit the ground running.
5873227900_06b85abea7_b.jpg

If you don't have wave poles, well you just have to improvise.
5878048401_67ea031402_z.jpg

Hey, all paws on deck.
5878610172_e26ebe6be0_b.jpg

Aw, come on, no points for style?
5878048753_78bf1de521_b.jpg

hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Hair, hair, hair.Flow it, show it,long as God can grow it, my hair.

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees,give a home to the fleas in my hair.
A home for fleas (yeah) a hive for bees (yeah),
a nest for birds, there ain't no words for the beauty, the splendor, the wonder of my:

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it,long as God can grow it, my hair

5878610578_388e9227de_b.jpg

5878614618_8d54c9bf27_b.jpg

5879286380_e568a91268_b.jpg

Very nice! The first one is great and the hair shots are all super. I bet they get warm with all that long hair this time of year.

Thank you JD and Mike

It was nice and cool in there. I had Keeshonds and they were about as hairy and fluffy as they come, but I was told not to shave them in the summer because unlike us they cool through their feet and when they pant. The hair actually provides them with some protection from the sun as well as the heat and they would get skin cancer if exposed.
But, they still got warm in my hot little 1970's era condo.

Way to go. What fun action dog shots.

LIke you said, don't shave 'em. Nothing worse than a doggy with a sun burn. My sister has a couple of Great Pirenese over in Coleville where the temps get pretty high during the summer. They just laze around in the shade until early morning or late evening.

Wolves, coyotes, dingos, and all furred animals get by with blowing their coats. And boy did my keeshonds blow their coats. I still find hair around my place even after they are gone.

Our Bouviers are double coated and have long hair. They don't blow coat in the summer. When people keep a show coat on them, they will run hot in the summer. We don't keep a show coat on ours, we keep a working coat, so everything except for their beards, fall over their eyes and furnishings get trimmed down. They also get their bellies shaved down, which is how they stay cool. They find a cool area, either linoleum, concrete, or packed dirt under a bush or the AC vent and will stretch out over it. Sometimes, when we get those few really hot days, we'll put a wet towel down and they will lay on that. It is really funny to see these rather large dogs flatten out on the floor until they look like lump rugs. :D

Mike

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back