Duck Duck Turtle?

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Christena

Lithia Park, Ashland, or. 4/3/11 CC's okay

Wish this one was clearer but I had to act fast...

LithiaSpr2011080ps.jpg

Fav of the Day :)

LithiaSpr2011116ps.jpg

Not clear?? they look good to me, the first one with the little bit fuzzy edges on the (camera left) wing, gives it its own taste. I say great work!

It's great that you caught the mallard doing his exercises. I love that duck and turtle, fun.

Nicely done, Christena. I see what you mean about wishing the first shot were sharper, but it seems to me that the motion makes it ok to be just a little soft.

@Janice, isn't that a wood duck in the first shot?

Christena, I was wondering about a tighter crop on that second one. Would it help it compositionally to take some off the left and bottom? Just a thought.

Nicely done, Christena. I see what you mean about wishing the first shot were sharper, but it seems to me that the motion makes it ok to be just a little soft.

@Janice, isn't that a wood duck in the first shot?QUOTE]

yep, it's a wood duck. caught him showing off for the ladies! it's tough to get a good shot when the subject is backlit like that, especially from any significant distance. and knowing how shy wood ducks are, it's likely this was NOT a "close-range" shot! ;)

Thanks for comments and yes, the duck wasn't close and I was set to take shots in other types of light. I heard commotion and just turned and shot hoping for the best.

Mike, I can try but I don't want to lose the rocks reflection in the foreground too much, but the left maybe a bit heavy looking.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back