Eastern Idaho, May 2017

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

In May I drove over to Yellowstone for my annual spring visit, but not without stopping at a couple of refuges in eastern Idaho that produced some nice photo ops for me last year. Though the owl action wasn't nearly as good this year, I still had some nice photo opportunities with various species.

A preview of some of the encounters is below. You can see the full complement of photos from this trip in the ongoing PNW 2017 gallery on my site.

Red-winged blackbird
blackbirdredwinged0517idaho5.jpg

Northern harrier with nesting materials
harriernorthern0517idaho2.jpg

Trumpeter swan cygnets
swantrumpeter0517idaho14.jpg

My best view to date of an American bittern
bitternamerican0517idaho14.jpg

Marsh wren
wrenmarsh0517idaho4.jpg

Tree swallow
swallowtree0517idaho15.jpg

View the full PNW 2017 gallery here.

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com