Edmonds Smoke Screen

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wildfires east of the Cascades produced has a smoke screen over the Puget Sound Region for several days. Here are some photos I took Wednesday (9/6/17). I used the HDR feature of my 5DIII and 7DII to reproduce in photos what was perceived by my eye + brain.

The day started with some morning photos from my front porch.
01.jpg

02.jpg

Next stop was the Edmonds marina and fishing pier.
03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Last edited:
A photo from my back deck looking west.
06.jpg

I finished the day at Lake Ballinger. I am standing in the park in Mountlake Terrace looking southwest to the Edmonds side of the lake.
07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Fascinating shots, Bill! I think we'll all be glad to see the end of the smokey days! In the meantime, the smoke has provided some beautiful and unusual opportunities to photograph the sun without filters. Here's four images I made from our deck in Woodway looking West. All taken on Tuesday around 6 PM on with the Canon 500mm f4L and 5Diii.

9-5-2017 smokey sun at 6P_2457.JPG

9-5-2017 smokey sun at 6P_2430.JPG

9-5-2017 smokey sun at 6P_2487.JPG

9-5-2017 smokey sun at 6P_2532.JPG

Not as spectacular as Terry's shots, but here are two I took down at the fishing pier Thursday (9/7/17) while I was photographing the swallow-tailed gull.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back