Edmonds Transportation Mix

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
A restored DC 3 flew over Edmonds Sunday (9/4/16).
It was here for the Vintage Aircraft Weekend hosted by the Historic Flight Foundation at Paine Field...

IMG_7271 sm.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
A restored warbird flew over the Edmonds marina Thursday (10/6/16) afternoon. This may be the same one Rocky photographed earlier this week.

7DII + 100-400L II telephoto zoom, handheld.
01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

5DIII + 500L + 1.4x teleconverter, tripod mounted. I slowed the shutter speed down to 1/200 to try to get the prop blur preferred by aviation photographers.
04.JPG

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thursday morning (10-20-16) I mounted the 5DIII + 500L telephoto + 1.4x teleconverter on a tripod to photograph some black scoters in the water below Sunset Ave. In the distance I saw a southbound freight passing Picnic Pt. and took a few super telephoto shots.
01.JPG

02.JPG

Artsy shot.
03.JPG

Last shot before switching cameras.
04.JPG

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
I switched to the 7D + 24-105L wide angle zoom to get shots of the Norfolk Southern lead diesel, the Boeing 737 fuselages, and the open flat car load.
05.JPG 06.JPG

07.JPG 08.JPG

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
The last day of November produced a rainbow and its faint twin over the Sound near Whidbey Island. I was able to catch a work train and a boat in the mix to make the photos a bit distinctive.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Friday morning (12-2-16) my son and I were driving across the Dayton St. crossing shortly after the morning Vancouver, BC-Seattle Cascades stopped at the station in Edmonds. I noticed something unusual on the south end of the Talgo train and stopped to take photos. It was an unpowered control unit that has been painted to commemorate the Seattle Seahawks.

01.jpg 02.jpg

03.jpg 04.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
A Navy ship appeared to be doing maneuvers off Sunset Ave. Wednesday morning (2/1/17). Another person watching the ship said it appears to be a new destroyer that may be able to hold one of the new rail guns that are being developed.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
A Navy ship appeared to be doing maneuvers off Sunset Ave. Wednesday morning (2/1/17). Another person watching the ship said it appears to be a new destroyer that may be able to hold one of the new rail guns that are being developed.

That's an Arleigh Burke class DDG... guided missile destroyer. Can't make out the number, so I couldn't tell you which one it is, but that class of destroyers has been in service for almost 30 years now. Unlikely they'd be investing the time and money it will take to develop a rail gun only to mount it on a 30-year old hull design... they'll likely save that system for a newer platform specifically designed for it. Rail guns require tremendous amounts of electrical power, and the Arleigh Burke class ships don't have sufficient generating capacity to support it.

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
A northbound oil tanker rolled past Sunset Ave. Friday evening (4/28/17) as I was photographing the sunset. The boat in the background is a mystery. It has been anchored near the underwater dive park for nearly a week with no signs of activity.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thursday evening (6/15/17) I went down to Sunset Ave. The sunset was not spectacular, but rain clouds passing through before sunset created interesting backgrounds. I took shots using a mix of lenses with the 7DII and 5DIII.

5DIII
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
A WWII era war bird flew over Puget Sound Friday (6/23/17) afternoon. Those old engines sound like nothing else in the air. This was shot @ 1/1000, so none of the preferred prop blur.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com